Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Hotline Trump Tower: A Ludum Dare 35 entry

Started by Scipi, April 27, 2016, 05:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipi

Hey guys. So recently, I participated in Ludum Dare 35. And well, I made a game!

The theme was "shapeshift." So the premise of my game is you are a shapeshifting reptilian alien whose goal is to fight through Trump Tower to find and impersonate Donald Trump in order to run for presidency. (Don't ask me how drunk/high I was) :P

The gameplay was styled off of Hotline Miami, so it plays just like it. Additionally, there's a bit of a stealth component thrown in that works really well with the Hotline Miami formula. I used Godot to make the game, and I learned quite a lot, so expect some more progress on Walriimon soon... ish?

Let me know what you guys think!
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, Nspire, Nspire CX, Casio Prizm

Dream of Omnimaga

Pictures or it didn't happen. :P

More seriously, thanks for posting this. Even if it's related to Trump you usually make quite interesting games, so I'm tempted to give it a try. :) You should add a video and download link to the post. I never played Hotline Miami. Is the stealth stuff also like Metal Gear?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Scipi

And don't worry, this is a parody of Trump more than anything. I'm basically saying he's a reptilian shapeshifter out to usurp our government. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, Nspire, Nspire CX, Casio Prizm

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah right, I somehow missed the reptile part. :P

Also the game looks cool so far :3=
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

c4ooo

Nice! Someone who participated in Ludum Dare! Unfortunatly i was not able to participate in LD35 and LD34. (And maybe even LD33). In fact I have only participated in one official LD competition >_> 

Dream of Omnimaga

I never did myself because I don't like very strict deadlines, but I remember that Planète-Casio used to run their own versions of Ludum Dare, which involved making a Casio calc game.