Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Claw development system, a multiplatform programming platform [multiplatform]

Started by DarkestEx, May 07, 2016, 05:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkestEx

Quote from: E37 on September 07, 2016, 03:33:52 PM
Alright, I have all the hex and their names copied.
Since I don't have the organization for the menus, I have started on the compiler.
All I have is convert number in program to 16bit number.
I hope to have the source code compatible so all it now needs is a compiler.
Awesome ;D
Just to confirm you got the right instruction set from https://github.com/bmuessig/Clawsemble/wiki/Instruction-set
Instruction 0x19 should be called SWF, is that correct?

EDIT:
In case you need an easier to edit or copy version, there is a JSON representation here:
http://dev.claw.bmuessig.eu/bytecode/?view&output=json
a C# representation here:
http://dev.claw.bmuessig.eu/bytecode/?view&output=cs-class
and a C representation here:
http://dev.claw.bmuessig.eu/bytecode/?view&output=c-header
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

E37

Quote from: DarkestEx on September 07, 2016, 04:41:25 PM
Since I don't have the organization for the menus, I have started on the compiler.
Awesome ;D
Just to confirm you got the right instruction set from https://github.com/bmuessig/Clawsemble/wiki/Instruction-set
EDIT:
In case you need an easier to edit or copy version, there is a JSON representation here:
I fixed it!
The IDE is ready whenever you have the sorted menus done!
(I did notice that 0x4D is empty)
All Claw commands begin with the byte 0xBB and the command byte follows.
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Ti83,Ti84!
I've never finished a project, there is always a way to improve!
What's my calc's name? Convert $37 to decimal. Look up that element in the periodic table. Then take the abbreviation of that element and you have it!
Look! A slime!    <(^.^)>

DarkestEx

Quote from: E37 on September 07, 2016, 06:29:35 PM
Quote from: DarkestEx on September 07, 2016, 04:41:25 PM
Awesome ;D
EDIT:
I fixed it!
The IDE is ready whenever you have the sorted menus done!
(I did notice that 0x4D is empty)
All Claw commands begin with the byte 0xBB and the command byte follows.
Nice :)
One question, do you mean the compiled version or the IDE editable version?
In the compiled version you would just need to use one single byte for one instruction. The single number arguments that follow are either a single byte or a single 16 bit word.
Strings are put into a constant table in the header of the compiled program.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

E37

How about some screenies?
What's my calc's name? Convert $37 to decimal. Look up that element in the periodic table. Then take the abbreviation of that element and you have it!

DarkestEx

Quote from: E37 on September 07, 2016, 07:09:29 PM
Looks really awesome :)

I will make you a list of the menus today. I guess there will be "Maths", "Logic", "Bitmanipulation", "Jumps", "VM", "Debug", "Arrays", "Stack" , "Extend", and "Misc", but I will see if I missed anything :)

E37

Quote from: DarkestEx on September 07, 2016, 07:12:18 PM

I will make you a list of the menus today. I guess there will be "Maths", "Logic", "Bitmanipulation", "Jumps", "VM", "Debug", "Arrays", "Stack" , "Extend", and "Misc", but I will see if I missed anything :)
Make sure to tell me if you want any keys replaced.
Like replacing sto with LD
Note than the menus won't have title.
I can make as many as you want! Almost to the point of having a key to a command! Wait it only supports up to 200 menus... That should be good.

bb010g

Quote from: DarkestEx on September 05, 2016, 07:40:00 PM
I started working on Claw as an operating system. This will be a separate project and will allow booting into Claw with a normal computer.
Unlike the embedded Claw, this will be closed source.
Here's a screenshot of it booting:
snip
What's the benefit of this over Forth? Forth has the benefit that once you've got the base words set up for a system it's an OS for free (compare to a Lisp machine's OS, where it's just a shell, but that's enough).
  • Calculators owned: HP 50g, Prime, 28S, 35S, Casio Prizm, dead Nspire CX CAS

DarkestEx

Quote from: E37 on September 07, 2016, 07:27:31 PM
Quote from: DarkestEx on September 07, 2016, 07:12:18 PM

Make sure to tell me if you want any keys replaced.
Like replacing sto with LD
Note than the menus won't have title.
I can make as many as you want! Almost to the point of having a key to a command! Wait it only supports up to 200 menus... That should be good.
Hmm maybe there can be a store menu on the arrow key?
Pressing it could open the stack menu. Pressing the ln key could open the Array menu.

Quote from: bb010g on September 07, 2016, 07:34:54 PM
Quote from: DarkestEx on September 05, 2016, 07:40:00 PM
I started working on Claw as an operating system. This will be a separate project and will allow booting into Claw with a normal computer.
Unlike the embedded Claw, this will be closed source.
Here's a screenshot of it booting:
snip
What's the benefit of this over Forth? Forth has the benefit that once you've got the base words set up for a system it's an OS for free (compare to a Lisp machine's OS, where it's just a shell, but that's enough).
Just for fun. There is no actual use of Claw as an operating system on a PC. Claw will be available as a seriously meant operating system for Xtensa LX, ARM and AVR CPUs.
The PC version is more of a fun proof-of-concept project :)

Dream of Omnimaga

Wait, so there will be an on-calc compiler, after all? That would be cool, since some people still asks if it's possible to program in ASM or C on-calc on newer models, so maybe some TI-84+ users would like to do the same with Claw in the future.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

E37

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on September 11, 2016, 04:13:04 PM
Wait, so there will be an on-calc compiler, after all? That would be cool, since some people still asks if it's possible to program in ASM or C on-calc on newer models, so maybe some TI-84+ users would like to do the same with Claw in the future.
There will be!

DarkestEx

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on September 11, 2016, 04:13:04 PM
As E37 mentioned, will there be one indeed :)
He makes good progress and it looks really nice from what I have seen so far ;D

There won't be one for the color calculators though. Programs for these have to be done on a PC or a monochrome calculator. If i ever find time I might do a color port but that is not yet planned. The assembler however is making lots of progress. Today I implemented custom instructions and multiline instructions.

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah it looks pretty nice so far. I was surprised at how fast he progressed O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

E37

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on September 12, 2016, 05:41:26 AM
Often I muck around and work slowly. When I have something specific to work towards, I can be quite quick.
General update on the IDE:
The core will be done in a day or two. I'll be moving on to the addons soon.

DarkestEx

Quote from: E37 on September 12, 2016, 04:44:10 PM
Often I muck around and work slowly. When I have something specific to work towards, I can be quite quick.
That sounds really awesome :)

I am making progress too on the PC assembler. It is heavy work and the codebase is growing significantly, but I am getting there :)
https://github.com/bmuessig/Clawsemble

E37

Quote from: DarkestEx on September 12, 2016, 05:13:56 PM
Quote from: E37 on September 12, 2016, 04:44:10 PM
That sounds really awesome :)

I am making progress too on the PC assembler. It is heavy work and the codebase is growing significantly, but I am getting there :)
https://github.com/bmuessig/Clawsemble
I hope you aren't too far into it! I need to make some more file type changes...
Will you add an on-calc compiler?
That would probably increase its use a lot.