Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Advent of Code

Started by Ivoah, December 03, 2015, 03:03:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivoah

flyingfisch posted this link in #omnimaga and I thought y'all might like it: http://adventofcode.com/

I'm going to try to do all of them on the right days, but I dunno if I'll have the time. Post your solutions to the problems in the thread. I'll update this post as I solve the puzzles

Instead of updating this post whenever I finish a new puzzle, I've put them all in a github repo: https://github.com/Ivoah/AdventofCode
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

Yuki

Oh, nice, I'm gonna try that.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Not sure if I will participate, since I have no clue what it involves (although I assume you must write code for daily problems that are posted there?), but this is what I get when logging in from Twitter:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Ivoah

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 03, 2015, 05:27:04 PM
Not sure if I will participate, since I have no clue what it involves (although I assume you must write code for daily problems that are posted there?), but this is what I get when logging in from Twitter:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

It's like an advent calendar, but instead of little gifts, it has little programming puzzles to solve. Also, I don't know why it's not working for you :( It works just fine for me.
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah I see, thanks for explaining. There was literally no explanation on the pages I could access.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Works fine for me as well. The 2nd part of Day 3 was kinda hard for some reason.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Ivoah

Quote from: Juju on December 03, 2015, 05:46:03 PM
Works fine for me as well. The 2nd part of Day 3 was kinda hard for some reason.

I only had to add 4 lines and change 1, so it was pretty easy for me :)

Yuki

Woo, I managed to get on the leaderboard for today :3 I lost some time due to a wrong answer and some stupid stuff I was doing in my code, but still.

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh nice Juju. I hope you can get higher :D. Good luck everyone :)

Yuki

Heh, I'll try tomorrow xD

In short you have to be online at exactly midnight EST and be in the 100 first people who finished every puzzle before to finish today's puzzle. As in, currently, before 0:15. That's some serious speedcoding here xD
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Adriweb

I should probably get interested in completing the challenges as soon as they appear, since I just made the 4th one in, like, a minute, in PHP.
[spoiler]$i = 0;
while (strpos(md5('ckczppom' . ++$i), '00000') !== 0);
echo $i;
[/spoiler]

Sounds fun :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

Ivoah

I finished Day 4 in bed on my iPad :D

Dream of Omnimaga

Ivoah

Adriweb

Made it on the leaderboard today (54th), but next time I'll make sure to correctly read all the rules, because I lost around 2 minutes because of a stupid mistake :P

[spoiler]    $total = 0;
    foreach(file('day_5.txt') as $line)
    {
        if ( (1 === preg_match('/(.*[aeiou].*){3}/', $line))
          && (1 === preg_match('/(.)\\1/', $line))
          && (1 !== preg_match('/(ab|cd|pq|xy)/',$line)) )
        {
            $total++;
        }
    }
    echo $total . "\n";

$total = 0;
    foreach(file('day_5.txt') as $line)
    {
        if ( (1 === preg_match("/(..).*\\1/", $line))
          && (1 === preg_match("/(.).\\1/", $line)) )
        {
            $total++;
        }
    }
    echo $total . "\n";
[/spoiler]

Also, I like the top 1's solution I should have thought of using grep piping directly, it really was the right tool for the job!
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua