Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

TsukiOS

Started by Yuki, April 10, 2015, 03:34:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkestEx

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on April 11, 2015, 01:45:43 PM
If it's compiled then the source code isn't visible :P but yeah, a lua based OS is quite cool. There are some ComputerCraft "OS"ses, but they're actually just a shell :/
Yeah, but the point of JIT is that the source is visible and is, when run dynamically compiled to native code.
I know and used the ComputerCraft mod alot in the past. It is quite nice.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on April 11, 2015, 01:45:43 PM
If it's compiled then the source code isn't visible :P but yeah, a lua based OS is quite cool. There are some ComputerCraft "OS"ses, but they're actually just a shell :/
On the HP Prime, when you compile a program, you can still access its source code by going in the editor. I think it stores a copy of the source inside the compiled program, though.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

A shell is already an good OS (or start), you see. It's not beacuse you don't have a fancy GUI that you can't already use your computer/thing on it as much as with.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

gameblabla

It's really funny seeing Juju trying to undertake such a massive project like this,
only to see it die less than a day after.
Maybe he's still secretly working on it...

Though i kind of admit i too attempted projects as ambitious as this one.
(DellardOS for example, i still need to update it)
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Dream of Omnimaga

To be honest:
-Most juju projects did that :P (maybe short attention span plus school. I tend to switch projects often myself). This is why I was skeptical about the MLP fan movie project at first.
-It should be called TuskiOS or TuskOS not TsukiOS :3=
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

I have no attention span and I tend to abandon projects when the code I wrote/pieced together from tutorials and Linux 0.01 breaks beyond repair, like what happened to this project. Could try again, though.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here