Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

some osu! beatmaps

Started by unknownloner, January 20, 2015, 04:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

unknownloner

I've been spending a lot of time making osu! maps recently, figured I'd make a post for some of my favorites for anyone interested. Some of these maps are fairly difficult, at least for me, though they're also mostly incomplete right now. Generally the videos are auto-play rather than me playing, just because me playing isn't the best representation of the maps when I can't get an S rank.
Anyone else whose a mapper, feel free to contribute some maps :D
Also, if anyone wants to request a map, feel free, as I might be able to map it. Just know that the shorter it is, the more likely I am to actually finish it :P

Each of theses has a DL link if available and/or a spoiler containing a video
Oh also you might want to turn down your volume before watching any videos if it's set a little high :)

Rockefeller Street Remix:
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/262155
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

HEARTS♥RMX:
Download
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Calm Down:
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/248803
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Rainbow Factory (Living Tombstone Rmx)
Download
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
Minor note on this map, there's a version I uploaded to the official osu! site ages ago, but it's not updated so don't go after that one.

Sail (Unlimited Gravity Rmx)
No download yet, gonna add more to the map first.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

/)

Dream of Omnimaga

Wow, those look pretty intense O.O, and I love the first two songs in particular :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

aetios

I gotta get osu! working in Arch again, I played it a while ago and I like it but the POL install I had broke in that the sound was horribly messed up.
I do have a request though, could you make a beatmap of Ponytail to Shushu by AKB48? I totally fell in love with that group :P
ceci n'est pas une signature

novenary

I never played Osu actually. I should check it out someday.

unknownloner

Quote from: aeTIos on January 21, 2015, 01:49:10 PM
I gotta get osu! working in Arch again, I played it a while ago and I like it but the POL install I had broke in that the sound was horribly messed up.
I do have a request though, could you make a beatmap of Ponytail to Shushu by AKB48? I totally fell in love with that group :P
There's a script in the AUR for osu! now which I used because the POL install was broken for me too.

/)

Dream of Omnimaga

By the way, does an OSU song need to be at the same BPM through the entire song or would my own songs be possible to map with extra work?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

unknownloner

It's possible to map songs where the BPM changes, because you can add timing points to change the BPM at a certain time. The main problem I had with mapping your maps is that the BPM slowly drifts around to be faster/slower, rather than it being a definite BPM change at a specific time. It might be possible to get something that feels right but I think it'd take a lot of timing points

/)

Dream of Omnimaga

Aah I see. And yeah this is a major issue when recording in a Playstation emulator. The emulator takes so much CPU power (even if you had a 9000 GHz CPU it wouldn't even make a difference than at 1 GHz, same for the amount of cores you have) that emulation speed will sometimes slightly slow down or lag outright.

novenary

Wait what. Ps1 emulation lags ? I can emulate the n64 at 1.5x full speed on my cortex a9 tablet. How can the ps1 possibly lag on x86 ?

Snektron

Pc from 1990? Also my phone can handle a PS1 emu, so i don't know what you're using, but it's bad.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

novenary

Snektron

Android emu on pc -> ps1 emu on android emu -> ??? -> success
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Streetwalrus on January 22, 2015, 04:00:54 PM
Wait what. Ps1 emulation lags ? I can emulate the n64 at 1.5x full speed on my cortex a9 tablet. How can the ps1 possibly lag on x86 ?
because the emulator is c. It requires 800 MHz for minimal lag but above 800 there's no difference. Even a quantum computer would have ePSXe lag. The sad thing is that no other emu runs Music 2000 properly.
Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on January 22, 2015, 04:07:25 PM
Android emu on pc -> ps1 emu on android emu -> ??? -> success
O.O

novenary

Did you try pcsx ? What kind of problems were you having ?

Dream of Omnimaga

Most instruments are pitched up by about 10 octaves. The same problem happens when using a Playstation 3 that supports PS1 games.