Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Post your game purchases and collection!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 24, 2014, 07:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Aaah ok. I should maybe check some Youtube footage. :) Is it scary? :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

aetios

ceci n'est pas une signature

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Earlier I bought Dragon Warrior NES for $0.00 and Atelier Iris 3 PS2 for $24.99. The DW game was boxed but had no instructions. The PS2 game is complete but one of the two instructions manual (the French one) was photocopied.

I already have another copy of Dragon Warrior at home, but it was loose so if both copies are identical I'm gonna swap them (so I can keep my old saves) then trade in the other copy I just got later.

Target Canada will start their Going out of Business sale Thursday, but the real deals are probably gonna be in a few weeks (if there is anything decent left). They just pretty much stocked their shelves with anything they had left in the store backroom so I'm gonna check in case games gets good discounts. I probably won't buy a lot of games, though, since I am saving some money for a TI-84 Plus CE.

EDIT: I forgot that I still had 900 Nintendo coins left so now I used some to buy Earthbound, NES Remix and Golden Sun for the Wii U Virtual Console. Whoever still have coins left should use them ASAP because they will vanish completely after Spring ends.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Golden Sun is good. You should do an RPG based on a same genre! :p
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

I never played it sadly because I couldn't find it in stores (IIRC it's very rare and expensive), but I considered making a calc game with 3D ish battles once. I'Ll probably just go with Dragon Warrior style in my next RPG, though (if it's for the 83+ series)

CKH4

My games sorted by console,

PC:
Steam:
[spoiler]Besiege
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Eidolon
Euro Truck Simulator 2
FEZ
FRACT OSC
Garry's Mod
GRID 2
Insurgency
Lovely Planet
Mind: Path to Thalamus
Only If
PlanetSide 2
Saints Row IV
Star Wars - Battlefront II
Star Wars: Dark Forces
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Star Wars Republic Commando
Team Fortress 2
Terraria
Tesla Effect
The Blue Flamingo
Warframe
You Have to Win the Game[/spoiler]
Others: (disks and such)
[spoiler]The Ultimate Doom
Doom 2
Final Doom
Minecaft
Super Smash Flash 2
Attack on Titan Tribute Game[/spoiler]

XBOX and XBOX360
[spoiler]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
Skate 3
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo Reach
Halo 4
Kinect Star Wars
Star Wars Battlefront II
Transformers Fall of Cybertron
Kinect Adventures[/spoiler]

Nintendo
DS and Gameboy
[spoiler]Pokémon Pearl
Pokémon Platinum
Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures
Spore Creatures
A different Spore
Big Brain Academy
Pokémon White
Pokémon FireRed
Pokémon Sapphire
Pokémon Emerald (currently stolen by one of my cousins)
Super Mario Advance[/spoiler]
Wii U
[spoiler]Super Mario 3D Land
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U[/spoiler]

I guess a lot of these don't count because they're free. What should I add to my collection?
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Snektron

You already have GMod and MC, so i see you kino what you're doing :P
Maybe something like Skyrim or Dishonored?

I recently picked up Life is Strange and i quite like it :D.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

You need to add moar NES, SNES, Nintendo 64 and Gamecube to your collection :trollface:

I actually recently did a trip (split in half) in 4 local video game stores to see if I can score some good deals. I only got the games mentionned in my previous post, though. Free Game has some decent PSP games, but their current rare titles selection is expensive. Other retro stuff is poor. Microplay's selection was poor for retro games, except the boxed copy of Dragon Warrior, and while they had some cool new PS3 games, I didn't buy them because I prefer buying used games there so I can fill my privilege card (after buying 6 used  games at $15 or higher I get $20 off on the next used game that is $19.99 or higher) and their used games are usually pretty cheap. EB Games selection was expensive, although not bad, while Instant Comptant had a terrible, overpriced selection (seriously, $15 for a Nintendo 64 sports game?)

My next trip will be to La Planque, maybe if I can hang out with juju nearby. Not sure if I want to do a trip there just to go to La Planque, though. Quebec City retro gaming stores are so spread apart compared to my city D: . I'm still keeping somee extra money away for the calculator and perhaps guitar, so video game budget is somewhat limited.

I'm not getting the New 3DS now, because apparently transfering your 3DS data to it is a major PITA, and if I get the New 3DS I'm selling the old one, meaning that I would prefer not losing any data...

tr1p1ea

I have a lot of game stuff that I dont have time to play:

PS4:
FIFA 15 - Played
The Swapper - Played
BF Hardline Beta - Downloaded not yet played
Far Cray 4 - Not yet played
Little Big Planet 3 - Not yet played
The Last of Us - Unplayed
Some racing game - Unplayed

WiiU:
Super Mario World - Played
Mario Kart 8 - Played
Black Ops 2 - Unplayed
Batman Arkham something - Played
New Super Mario Bros U - Unplayed
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag - Played
Plus some others that I forget that I also haven't played yet :S

Other consoles that I don't have time to play include: Wii, GameCube, 3DS, DS, N64, NES(original) with various games and such. My ps2 and ps1 died and my bro has the xbox1.

Dream of Omnimaga

tr1p1ea since you like soccer, regardless of if you get a PS2 again or not you might want to grab a copy of FIFA 14 (or PES2014 if it's available for your console region). In America FIFA 14 was the final PS2 game and only a few copies seems to have been printed (unless they're all located in  brick and mortar stores in Brazil?) since it's already very hard to find. Might be a collectible in a few years :P

By the way do you still play Mario Kart 8? Maybe we should play together at some point :P

aetios

I didn't know Black Flag was also released on Wii U :o
ceci n'est pas une signature

CKH4

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on February 08, 2015, 09:31:53 AM
You already have GMod and MC, so i see you kino what you're doing :P
Maybe something like Skyrim or Dishonored?

I recently picked up Life is Strange and i quite like it :D.
Skyrim is on my wishlist and I'll keep dishonored in mind. Im currently waiting for the spring sale to get skyrim and the valve pack which would almost double my collection.

Edit.
I also got a 4k TV yesterday so I'm planning on plugging my desktop in for some some UHD gaming.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Protip : with Skyrim on UHD I suggest you to use the high res texture dlc as least or some upgrade mods.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: aeTIos on February 09, 2015, 08:05:26 AM
I didn't know Black Flag was also released on Wii U :o
Yeah it was. Many 2012-13 360/PS3 hits came out on the Wii U as well, sometimes in enhanced editions or with all DLCs like Mass Effect 3. I never got into Assassin's Creed myself for some reasons, though, same for Mass Effect. I guess they're not japanese enough for my likings in terms of RPG/adventure elements :P