Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Online C compiler for the TI-84 Plus CE / TI-83 Premium CE

Started by Adriweb, September 30, 2015, 10:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Well to be fair, ticalc had no news for 7 months, so a lot of people probably stopped checking regularly. They should check again more frequently, though, because they're back in business (for now at least).

No comment about the advertising, other than the fact it's always a good move to clarify things publicly, sometimes, in case there is confusion (eg Ndless authorship or CW goals).
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Adriweb

Now has an integrated chat as well, for even better multi-user live collaboration :)

• Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

Dream of Omnimaga

Woah nice initiative. I remember one site that had that but I forgot its name. I'm glad that group-editing is available too. Hopefully there won't be too much lag when a file is being edited by someone in France and USA simultaneously. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

That's quite a cool feature :)

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on November 23, 2015, 07:25:54 AM
Woah nice initiative. I remember one site that had that but I forgot its name.

Google drive has it too.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Adriweb

Yeah, I'm trying to have the same kind of multi-user feature as Google Drive has. At least in the basics, it's obviously not as good.
Although I do plan to have the same kind of sharing options in the future (private / unlisted / unlisted / specific people can edit, etc. etc.)
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios

Snektron

Are you going to add other editors like an image editor etc too btw?

Adriweb

The "Online C Compiler" is in the process of being restructured into a more general Project Builder, which will eventually have more editors, so that this C thing for the ez80 will just be one of the possible things.
All these should hopefully be made in beautiful OOP to have a nice modular architecture, especially to easily add more types in the future :)

On top of my head, I can think of adding a TI-Basic IDE (using my tivars_lib, since it's ready and usable) as a project type in the builder, for instance, and it should not be very hard, once the rest of the project builder's core is done (todo list...).

Since it's going to be open-source, I'd welcome anyone wanting to add some type of editor (image, sprites, etc.). With several editors, it could easily become the most complete TI-related online editor suite :)

Snektron

Oh that is pretty cool :)
If only it would be possible to add the js wrapper to it and send files to it :P

Adriweb

Heh, I'll do my best to integrate open-source community emus if/when one gets done, especially for the CE :)
For the z80, I should probably ask SirCmpwn and/or jacobly some news about z80e / OpenTI, see if that can be embedded in a way that would work.

Having real-time source-level debugging would be quite awesome :)

Dream of Omnimaga

Image and sprite editors would definitively be a big plus. And yeah I am curious if z80e would be useable?

Adriweb

Latest updates :
  • Improved stability of multiuser features
  • Secured multiuser features (auth tokens on firebase and associated rules)
  • major improvements on the toolchain side:
    • Better Makefile
    • Linkcmd re-done from scratch
    • Architecture redesign regarding sections (header, startup, code, data, text)
    • Startup code initializing main safeRAM areas (where the BSS is => no need to initialize all globals to {0} for instance!)
    • Workaround regarding ZDS's unsafe use of the IY index register (the OS uses it...), with a _OS( expr ) wrapper
    • A lot more standard functions now work as expected (for instance, malloc/free)
    • Compatibility with Cesium libraries
  • Integrated static analysis with a cppcheck pass (in the background while the compiler is busy)
(Huge thanks to Mateo for his Cesium/Toolchain/Libs work !)

1st message from cppcheck (static analysis) and second one from ZDS (compiler) :

Public beta soon ! :)

Dream of Omnimaga

Great work! Did the multiuser stability issues involve lag?

Adriweb

Nah, there never was lag, even with users across the world (well, France, USA,  and Canada, at least).
It was boring AJAX [a]synchronicity issues preventing stuff being loaded correctly.... as well as security issues with expired tokens refreshing :P (well, stuff would refuse to load, rather)

Dream of Omnimaga

I see, AJAX can be annoying for that. Just remember the many bugs that OmnomIRC, SAX and WalrusIRC had in the past, where they stopped sending or loading stuff or randomly stopped working. >.<

Adriweb

I have finished the complete server-side rewrite (modularized in OOP), and after some testing, I have now opened the builder in public beta* :)

TI-Planet's Project Builder : https://tiplanet.org/pb/

A separate topic will soon announce everything there is to know.

* That means there may be bugs, and you're encouraged to report them :)

There is no warranty for the program, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Except when otherwise stated in writing the copyright holders and/or other parties provide the program "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. the entire risk as to the quality and performance of the program is with you. Should the program prove defective, you assume the cost of all necessary servicing, repair or correction.
In no event unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing will any copyright holder, or any other party who modifies and/or conveys the program as permitted above, be liable to you for damages, including any general, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use or inability to use the program (including but not limited to loss of data or data being rendered inaccurate or losses sustained by you or third parties or a failure of the program to operate with any other programs), even if such holder or other party has been advised of the possibility of such damages..