You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here. | New CodeWalrus | Old (dark mode) | Old (light) | Discord server

Big changes on CodeWalrus

Previous topic - Next topic

b/Website News publicado por u/Yuki March 31, 2017, 08:20:59 AM
Hey guys, here on CodeWalrus we always strive to give you the best experience we can on the forums. We heard your complains and suggestions, so the staff team decided to transfer the site to a completely new forum software we wrote. We were working on it a bit in secret since a while now, there's still a few issues we should figure out, but things should work. It's a completely novel way to use the forum, I guess you'll have to get used to it a bit, but I'm pretty sure you'll like it. The change will occur sometime today as most of the server admins will be on, if you don't see it right away there will be a prompt to try the new site out, and the best thing, if you don't like it you can always go back to the previous interface as we know it as both sites will run in parallel.

Just warning you before we put it online, if you have issues with the new thing, you can always complain as usual in the usual section. Otherwise, have fun!

And yeah, I see the date, I assure you it's completely unrelated. You know me, my "april fools" changes always tend to stick, eh MLP Québec, who completely changed URLs and names on a 1st of April? :P

EDIT: Happy April's Fools, of course the site ain't gonna change, but if you liked it, you still can access it from https://codewalr.us/os
Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 03:28:51 AM by Juju
Inicia sesión o crea una cuenta para dejar un comentario
u/p2 March 31, 2017, 08:41:58 AM
Really looking forward to the launch of the new model :)
u/Dream of Omnimaga March 31, 2017, 11:30:10 AM
Yeah same. Just a bug on Android Chrome to iron out by @Juju first then it should be ready
u/ordelore March 31, 2017, 03:22:49 PM
I bet it changes every single character in posts to  ???
u/Dream of Omnimaga March 31, 2017, 04:18:08 PM
Nah, and not :walrii: either :P
u/novenary March 31, 2017, 05:03:23 PM
Can't wait to deploy this update, it's gonna be good.
u/gameblabla March 31, 2017, 06:42:15 PM
I can already predict how it's going to look like :

• Material design
  • Big font and huge buttons
  • Mobile interface by default

Basically, you force juju to sleep with a gay web designer at Apple and you'll get codewalrus's new user interface.
u/Yuki March 31, 2017, 06:50:17 PM
Pretty much.

It's been deployed, have fun.
u/Dream of Omnimaga March 31, 2017, 07:00:38 PM
Major bug report: we have to scroll horizontally on mobile or dezoom in order to see the entire text.

Also it seems Juju finally did not forget our :walrii:  after all

u/Yuki March 31, 2017, 07:01:17 PM
Yeah, I have yet to figure that out. Happens on desktop as well.
u/_iPhoenix_ March 31, 2017, 08:10:52 PM
Could this be a permanent thing?
Like make it a setting in your profile to see the forums like this?
u/Dream of Omnimaga March 31, 2017, 10:37:47 PM
A theme chooser would be ideal even if technically this is not a SMF theme
u/kotu April 01, 2017, 05:06:00 PM
i'm guessing this WAS an april's fools joke as this is what i get

*kotu slaps @Juju
u/c4ooo April 01, 2017, 08:54:50 PM

>"Big changes on CodeWalrus"
>checks calendar
:P
u/Unicorn April 01, 2017, 11:12:43 PM
awe... i can't post tho. Please fix @Juju
Start a Discussion

b/Website News

This is where site-specific updates will be posted.

Topics
Explore Board
Website statistics

MyCalcs | Ticalc.org | Cemetech | Omnimaga | TI-Basic Developer | MaxCoderz | TI-Story | Casiocalc.org | Casiopeia | The Museum of HP Calculators | HPCalc.org | CnCalc.org | Music 2000 Community | TI Education | Casio Education | HP Calcs | NumWorks | SwissMicros | Sharp Calculators