Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Your post/coding Milestones!

Started by Unicorn, May 01, 2015, 05:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

* Unicorn sudo kills his sisters mac with ssh
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on June 02, 2015, 03:25:05 PM
Super User on linux is like admin on windows. If you don't have default superuser enabled but you are in fact a superuser, you
have to type "sudo" before every command that requires super user (like starting a program with admin powers on windows)
the command alias sudo=cing makes 'cing' do the same as 'sudo'
So if you really want the computer to reboot, you can type "cing reboot", which will do the same as "sudo reboot"
Wait what? Did they really implement a command after the F word?? O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

Yuki

Not really. all the "alias sudo=cing" do if you run it or put it in your config is to rename sudo into the F word or whatever word you like.

Quote from: Unicorn on June 02, 2015, 04:45:39 PM
* Unicorn sudo kills his sisters mac with ssh
I used to do that all the time with my brother it's driving him mad.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Unicorn

The sad thing is is that you have to get into the computer first. and enable remote login. :/
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 03, 2015, 03:36:53 AM
Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on June 02, 2015, 03:25:05 PM
Super User on linux is like admin on windows. If you don't have default superuser enabled but you are in fact a superuser, you
have to type "sudo" before every command that requires super user (like starting a program with admin powers on windows)
the command alias sudo=cing makes 'cing' do the same as 'sudo'
So if you really want the computer to reboot, you can type "cing reboot", which will do the same as "sudo reboot"
Wait what? Did they really implement a command after the F word?? O.O

No that's that im saying, you can tell Linux to let 'cing' act the same as 'sudo' with the alias command. You can also let 'walrii' act the same as 'sudo' etc
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh right, that kind of alias. That's nice I guess. :P (I would probably never use them though since I tend to have troubles adapting to changes :P)

Also I am slowly heading towards 5K posts and Cumred 2K. But again the Summer lull appears to have begun because overall activity seems to be half of what it was this Spring so with fewer stuff to reply to, maybe it will take a while before we get to 5K and 2K respectively. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Yeah, i noticce i'm getting a bit slower too. Though it might be since i'm doing a lot of coding and i'm busy with school things

Dream of Omnimaga

That could ezplain things. :P but if you are working on games and programs, let us know with updates if you have time. :)

alexgt

I am dropping in the posts too but I am programming like h e double hockey stick for the past few days :P
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Snektron

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 03, 2015, 07:27:15 PM
That could ezplain things. :P but if you are working on games and programs, let us know with updates if you have time. :)

Yeah i will, i'm working on a language and i will posts something about it once i got a working version :)

Unicorn

I didn't even post once today. O.O

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Unicorn

Don't even.

Anyways, 707! Juju, you're next...

Mwahahahahaha!

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: alexgt on June 03, 2015, 07:48:03 PM
I am dropping in the posts too but I am programming like h e double hockey stick for the past few days :P
I don't understand what you mean. Do you mean you are working more on that HP Prime hockey game?
Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on June 03, 2015, 08:42:23 PM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 03, 2015, 07:27:15 PM

Yeah i will, i'm working on a language and i will posts something about it once i got a working version :)
That seems interesting. You should try to make it close to HP PPL or make the language compile to multiple platforms/other languages, so that we can make games for multiple calc brands simultaneously :)

Snektron

I was thinking of making it like LLVM, where i compile the code to a common bytecode which gets compiled to various platforms. But then again, i wan't really planning on some sort of big release :P. Though i was thinking of, when the parser for this one is finished, to make an axe like language, but with objects and floats :)