Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

What are you listening to?

Started by Yuki, January 04, 2015, 09:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unknownloner

So what should we call nightcore'd speedcore?

/)

bb010g

http://rakohus.bandcamp.com/album/another-castle

All those pop songs, but chiptune and without the weird lyrics! Really well done.
  • Calculators owned: HP 50g, Prime, 28S, 35S, Casio Prizm, dead Nspire CX CAS

Snektron

wow these are indeed really well done, maybe we can put some on our calcs  O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Gotta listen to this once I get out of school. Outch, the price.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

aetios

ceci n'est pas une signature

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

unknownloner

My friend has suggested "SanicCore". I think I approve

/)

Yuki

Does it involve songs with the volume so high it always clip?
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

unknownloner

Not necessarily, but you gotta go fast!

/)

aetios

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: unknownloner on February 09, 2015, 12:55:09 AM
So what should we call nightcore'd speedcore?

It depends. If nightcore only involves making songs play at the speed of UK hardcore so that they sound like it, then in such case, nightcored speedcore would actually result in the song getting pitched down instead of pitched up. If, on the other hand, nightcore always involves speeding up songs no matter their original tempo, then I guess it would still be speedcore. :P

On a side note, Toxic Shock Treatment by ZoDiaCMaSSaCrE is awesome if you like speedcore. It's a member from the now defunct TIMGUL site. I don't know if this song was made with MTV Music Generator like most songs there, though.

Quote from: bb010g on February 09, 2015, 01:03:46 AM

All those pop songs, but chiptune and without the weird lyrics! Really well done.
I need to check this out soon. I listened to the first song and it sounds quite fun to listen to. The bonus tracks are epic as well, especially the 8-bit renditions of SM64 and SMW themes. By the way, I forgot where it was posted but it might have been by one of you on Omni. Here's another Bandcamp artist that I like a lot:

http://demoscenetimemachine.com/

He mostly does trance with some beep/chiptune-like sounds in some of his songs. But my favorite track is http://demoscenetimemachine.com/track/rush for some reasons, especially the second half.

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

aetios

Quote from: bb010g on February 09, 2015, 01:03:46 AM

I like this, really well done :D I also like the name of the album :P

Dream of Omnimaga

On the Final Fantasy Mystic Quest soundtrack (Mystic Quest Legend in Europe), there are three tracks that are arranged versions of in-game songs and I like them. If only they remade this game in HD or 3D and improved it, they could almost re-use some of those old tracks in it. The following tracks would fit perfectly for villages and some temples.

This is a video edit which removes the crappy rap-style junk that repeats MIXTIC QUEST non-stop so you can listen to every track snipped without interruption.

And here are the Doom Castle and some battle music. :)

I wish that the boss theme would have used the same tempo as the original, though. It's by far one of my favorite SNES songs. Here's the SNES song in comparison:

Off-topic: Fun fact: Over here some people thought this game was Final Fantasy 1 because of how basic it is compared to what we received as Final Fantasy II and III back then and the lack of a digit in the title. But in fact this game came out after Final Fantasy II. Also back then the game names were completely messed up in North America because FFIV and VI were renamed to FFII and III since we didn't get the original FFII, III and V. When FFVII came out for PS1 they decided to keep its name intact so North American fans finally realized they got screwed over.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Speaking of Final Fantasy...

Oh, also this one.

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN