Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

First Fantasy port for CE calcs [TI-84+CE][BASIC]

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, August 02, 2015, 06:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Actually, if you mean the pi game that had yellow and gray graphics, then it already runs on the CE and probably does so about 25-100% faster, depending of what is being displayed (screen clearing is generally what gets the highest speed increase)

FFMFCE xLIB risks running way more faster, though, due to the ASM from xLIB/Celtic
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

Using recently discovered CE Textlib, FF:MF might get an upgrade. The main changes are the following:

-Title scren and intro are full screen
-Grass color changed from green to teal. Dungeon 2 grass has thus been reverted back to something closer to the CSE version and dungeon 3 floor as well.

I don't plan to add an HUD at the top, though. I tried making a mockup and since the fonts would be so large it looks out of place.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

So yeah, this project is pretty much stalled until further notice. Reasons:

-Work has been too hectic a few weeks ago, so I didn't feel like coding advanced stuff as much. Plus I'm busier lately
-Sprites v2: I might experiment with it a bit before going back on this.

Hopefully I can resume work on this during the first week of June or so. Also it's possible that this game won't be the 2nd game in the FF series anymore, depending of what I do with Sprites v2. Or I could change my plans with this game idea and just re-use the current engine for a different FF game, to ensure the Sprites v2 game comes after CE Textlib (else it might look weird if for example FFII had advanced sprites of any color, then all of a sudden, FFIII got a drastic graphics and resolution downgrade). Something I've been considering lately is actually doing a CE remake of Illusiat 1 and 2 like I had planned years ago for the 84+, except with this engine (both games would be combined together with the addition of a village like I planned in 2012)