Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

HTML Website

Started by Alvajoy123, April 11, 2017, 03:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alvajoy123

Making an HTML website will keep u to date :P
and no it not HTML5
Properly going to be about  Ti cals
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CE
The maker of Xenon.

kotu

• Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

Dream of Omnimaga

CodeWalrus and Cemetech's future competitor? :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

kotu

• Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3

novenary

Of course not, also no indentation. Better coding style. :')

Switchblade

I think it is much more enjoyable making a website from HTML5 and CSS than with fancy template sites, even though it  takes a lot more time.

Dream of Omnimaga

It usually depends of your needs. If your only intention is to get your stuff online, then a template might be your best bet, but you really have to choose wisely. Preferably, if you are planning to expand your website then you're better off writing your own, though, unless it's a forum

The first Omnimaga website that I made was made by myself, but the HTML code was an absolute disaster, so in the end I might have been better off using a template or CMS. :P http://xlib.mtv-music-generator.com/omnimagaoldsite/index_v1.html
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

kotu

Quote from: Switchblade on April 11, 2017, 04:23:51 PM
I think it is much more enjoyable making a website from HTML5 and CSS than with fancy template sites, even though it  takes a lot more time.

time being relative

you get something absoutely custom

Dream of Omnimaga

I think the key is experience and time to learn HTML/CSS. When I was in college, they did not even teach us about the existence of CSS (although back then it was not widespread) and I only got to learn a minimal amount of HTML and Javascript. If you try to make a website but have no clue how to use a <body> tag then you're in big trouble.

Alvajoy123

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 11, 2017, 04:33:53 PM
I think the key is experience and time to learn HTML/CSS. When I was in college, they did not even teach us about the existence of CSS (although back then it was not widespread) and I only got to learn a minimal amount of HTML and Javascript. If you try to make a website but have no clue how to use a <body> tag then you're in big trouble.

I do know all of it and if i don't understand something i will go to youtube  :P :P
(no fully done)
Link:http://www.mediafire.com/file/ggadl4w3d42dbtf/Codewalrus.html
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CE
The maker of Xenon.

Dream of Omnimaga

Erm, this looks just like you saved the Monthly CW Project Award page or the portal with the poll in HTML then uploaded the source code. That HTML file looks identical to when CodeWalrus fails to load its CSS.

p2

If you're interested in web development (the programming branch working with websites, web servers and stuff like that):

- read about HTML, CSS, JS (how you separate functionality, design and content) (w3schools.com is good)
- read about what BOOTSTRAP is and how to use it plus alternatives
- read about what JQUERY is and how to use it plus alternatives
- read about what XAMPP is and how it works // what you use it for
- read about Frontend and Backend
- read about Java and PHP for both of the above (pros and cons)
- read about what a CMS (Content Management System) is

if ur donw with this, you can chose to start working on your own little demo websites :)
and if u want to go hardcore, then do this:

- get a Linux ISO (Ubuntu is best, terminal only or GUI is your own choice)
- setup a web server manually
- configure the web server to run a free CMS

If you manage to do that, you are worthy of doing web development on a professional level :)
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Switchblade

Here is what I know:
HTML - check
CSS - check
JS - I forgot most of it

The rest I need to learn, and hope to sometimes soon (especially php)

p2

Quote from: Switchblade on April 11, 2017, 09:12:14 PM
Here is what I know:
HTML - check
CSS - check
JS - I forgot most of it

The rest I need to learn, and hope to sometimes soon (especially php)
Web dev here:
Noone in the office knows PHP, still work in web dev (Java backends and java+JS based CMS only)  :thumbsup:
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Switchblade

What is front end and back end?
I guess I don't need to worry about PHP.  Can't you use Python instead of Java?