Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-83+/84+] AxeRay (Axe)

Started by Snektron, October 10, 2015, 09:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

So a while ago i got bored in class, and i made a little program that can make mathematical figures and animate them.

The above image is the result of cos(R*32+(θ*2)+(N*32))-sin(θ*8+sin(R*8 )//2-(N*32))

The way it works is for each pixel i each frame a function F gets called. The return value of this function must be a signed byte.
values -128 to -64 are being colored white, -64 to 0 light gray, 0 to 64 dark gray and 64 to 128 black. While there isn't anyway to input an equation without recompiling, it is easy to change the equation within the code.

Lbl F
  cos(R*32+(θ*2)+(N*32))-sin(θ*8+sin(R*8)//2-(N*32))
Return

O n the first few lines of the source you can find the code above. The equation can be changed by changing the formula between "Lbl F" and "Return". X and Y are the pixel positions, R is the distance from (32, 48), theta is the angle on [0, 256] and N is the frame number. The maximum amount of frames can be changed by changing the line:
8->M
(where 8 is the number of frames)
Beware you need M*1536 bytes of free ram! (the image data gets stored in a tmpvar and is deleted when the program exits).
Since the program needs some time to generate the frames, a small progress bar is displayed until the image is done.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

matrefeytontias

So yeah, is it normal that I see a relation to this ? :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+.fr, TI-Nspire CAS prototype, TI-84+ CSE, TI-Nspire CX
My TI games (some got their own article on non-calc websites !) : http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/authors/112/11202.html

My moozik (100% free metal) : http://www.soundcloud.com/matrefeytontias

Snektron

I saw that a while ago, but this is still a bit different :P

Dream of Omnimaga

That looks cool! O.O Could it be turned into a BASIC lib for RPG animations and stuff or is the initial loading time just too long to be used in a game?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

It takes like a minute to load, and it's more for mathematical figures so i doubt it'll be usefull in a game

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh sorry to hear. That would have been quite cool. That said, I wonder if an advanced graphing app could be done with such program, so that we could have those fancy HP Prime graphs on the 84+?

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U