Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Mincraft [Android]

Started by tr1p1ea, June 30, 2015, 12:45:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CKH4

I love the simplicity and indiffence of the ai. I'll see if I can make an actual 3d one though because we do have 3 of the four sides of walrii. Also at the beginning of the video there were so many walriis falling from the sky.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: tr1p1ea on July 14, 2015, 08:34:49 AM
Well it has basic AI, it just runs and jumps around :).

EDIT - Video! :).

Awesome. :D. You should make it animated like this: :walrii:
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Yeah, I agree, it looks great! But why did they fall from the sky?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

They should have wings O.O.
[spoiler=MinePrime]walriis will take the place of horses and you will be able to ride them ;)[/spoiler]
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

tr1p1ea

At this stage all AI fall from the sky so they dont get trapped inside the terrain. The animation is handled by a software 'animator' ... but it moves parts defined as 'arms' and 'legs' ... not so much from animated frames (since it is a 3D model).

I could define the flippers and tail as legs and see what it looks like?

alexgt

That would work, can you import .stl or .obj files because I can make a 3D walrii I think :)

tr1p1ea

Its kind of a strange system as the models are actually slices of a 3d model - in images. Each pixel is a 3d cube.

Unicorn

I don't know how flippers and arms and legs would work, but maybe lowering the amount of walriis spawned when you implement other mobs, making them rare?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

tr1p1ea

Yeah the vid is just a test, the amount of them is easily controlled :).

Unicorn

Cool. will there be mob drops?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

tr1p1ea

At this stage mobs are non-interactable (you cant kill them) ... those sorts of features will come later.

I have some serious optimising to do before i get to that stuff.

Unicorn

Ooo boy! Optimizing! :P Good luck! :)

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Good luck, when I try to optimize code it just breaks stuff (that is kind of why I  am recoding MinePrime :P)

Unicorn

Quote from: alexgt on July 19, 2015, 12:18:37 AM
Good luck, when I try to optimize code it just breaks stuff (that is kind of why I  am recoding MinePrime :P)
You know, that happens to me to. :P

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Would making the legs animated slow things down a lot when there are many mobs at once nearby?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U