* WalrusIRC

You need to have 5 posts and not be part of restricted usergroups in order to use the WalrusIRC embedded shoutbox. However, you can also access our IRC channel called #CodeWalrus via EFnet.

Author Topic: A very sad day in ninjabyte's history  (Read 384 times)

Offline DarkestEx

• Super User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +10/-2
    • @0xbmuessig
    • @muessigb
    • My homepage
A very sad day in ninjabyte's history
« on: November 29, 2017, 01:51:44 am »
So, we've stopped paying for the domain ninjabyte.eu and it got sold and converted to some pr0n/sex site (looks pretty disgusting).
Essentially this is it. Was fun to work on this Europe wide project, but this is the end.

Good news though:
p2 and I are working on a very nice retro system at this very moment that will come with a CRT :D

Also to any admins (I have no clue anymore who is after all these incidents):
It would be nice to have this theme as an option for the main site too (theme settings) since the default theme is really had on the eyes at night.

Cheers
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 01:56:21 am by DarkestEx »

• Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX, Original Commodore 64C, Tektronix AWG2021, IBM X60s, IBM X60t, Nintendo DS Lite, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, Palm m5

Online xlibman

• Omni founder & CW co-founder
  • Super User
  • Original 5
  • CodeWalrus Supporter
  • Post Rating Ratio: +100/-5
    • dj_omnimaga
    • DJOmnimaga.music
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • dj_omnimaga
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • /u/DJ_Omnimaga
    • DJOmnimaga
    • 112/11286
    • @djomnimaga
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • DJ Omnimaga music store
Re: A very sad day in ninjabyte's history
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 02:05:09 am »
Ouch x.x. Good news about the new system though. Keep us updated and hopefully you can do it at low cost. The main issue with outdated electronics is that they're hard to sell at low price due to the inability to buy them in bulk like we used to and the lack of parts to produce them (the reason why brand new 27 inch CRT TV's are still sold at $100 in some stores and why audio cassettes from current music bands costs $20)
  • Calculators owned: TI-57, 73, TI-80 (broken), TI-81, TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+ (broken), TI-83+ (broken), TI-83+SE (broken), TI-84+, TI-84+CSE, TI-84+CE, TI-85, TI-86, TI-89T, TI-92, TI-Nspire, TI-Nspire CX (semi-broken), HP 39gII, HP Prime, Casio fx-7000G, fx-7400G+, fx-7700GE, fx-9750G+, fx-9750GII, fx-9860G, cfx-9850G, FX-1.0+, fx-CG10, fx-CP400
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Samsung i5510, Nexus 5, Atari 2600, Lynx, SMS, Game Gear, Genesis, Dreamcast, NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U, GBA, DS, 3DS, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, PSVita, XBox 360, XBOne

Bandcamp|Reverbnation|Facebook|Youtube|Twitter
Retired Omnimaga admin (2001-11) and editor (2012-14)

Online c4ooo

• Pedanticity prevents ambiguity
  • Super User
  • CW Contest II Winner
  • Post Rating Ratio: +12/-4
  • Advanced forumer
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 09:50:18 pm »
It would be nice to have this theme as an option for the main site too (theme settings) since the default theme is really had on the eyes at night.
I second this idea for a darker theme. Although something a bit softer then lime green should probably be used, and WIRC should also be darker ;)

Offline PT_

• Full User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +15/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 10:13:26 pm »
I really like this theme, although the text in the posts is hard to read, so I would suggest choosing a different font. Other than that, looks great!

Offline DarkestEx

• Super User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +10/-2
    • @0xbmuessig
    • @muessigb
    • My homepage
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 03:46:24 am »
I really like this theme, although the text in the posts is hard to read, so I would suggest choosing a different font. Other than that, looks great!
I second this idea for a darker theme. Although something a bit softer then lime green should probably be used, and WIRC should also be darker ;)
Totally agreed. We should find a better text color and font. Also the green should be a little bit softened and WIRC darkened.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX, Original Commodore 64C, Tektronix AWG2021, IBM X60s, IBM X60t, Nintendo DS Lite, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, Palm m5

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio BroniesQC TI-Planet BosaikNet