Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Is the HoustonTracker music good for a good set of speakers?

Started by the2048, March 29, 2018, 12:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the2048

I make music with my TI-84, and I wanted to know if the output is perfectly safe for the speakers on my Samsung home theater. If this is in the wrong spot just move it, OK?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, TI-83+ (2x), Nspire CX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PS2, PSP, Xbox, Xbox 360, iMac G3 (2x), iBook G4, iBook clamshell

Yuki

Should be, just don't set the volume ridiculously loud. Could be wrong, but your speakers probably have seen worse.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Caleb Hansberry

I think compared to many music devices the calculator makes pretty quiet music unless you make it super loud on a computer...
  • Calculators owned: TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+SE, TI-84+SE, TI-85, TI-89, TI-99/4A
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: HP Portable Plus 110, Toshiba T3100, Toshiba T5200, GRiD 1660, TI-99/4A, Apple IIgs, and much more than I can list here

the2048

Ah. Good to know, as the amp for the speakers can go insanely loud... Don't need it any higher than around 10-15.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, TI-83+ (2x), Nspire CX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PS2, PSP, Xbox, Xbox 360, iMac G3 (2x), iBook G4, iBook clamshell