Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

TI, HP and Casio emulators list [Casio][HP][TI]

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, March 08, 2016, 07:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexgt

Yeah, wish TI was a little more relaxed :(. It is only the small portion of the community that would hack calc for malicious intent <_<
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

I don't think the files removal is due to hacking, but rather because they want to ensure that it's easier to find the latest OSes for the most recent calcs that are still in production. It sucks that CSE users now have to e-mail TI for OS copies and wait for an answer, though (although there are probably other sites that have copies). The removal of older Nspire OSes a few years ago probably had something to do with Ndless and nLaunchy, though.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 20, 2016, 06:24:54 AM
I don't think the files removal is due to hacking, but rather because they want to ensure that it's easier to find the latest OSes for the most recent calcs that are still in production. It sucks that CSE users now have to e-mail TI for OS copies and wait for an answer, though (although there are probably other sites that have copies). The removal of older Nspire OSes a few years ago probably had something to do with Ndless and nLaunchy, though.
true, but wouldn't TI-Planet still have those OS's up for download?
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah, for now, but it depends if TI minds or not in long terms. Normally, though, TI-Planet links to the original download, but if the link gets broken then it redirects to a mirror copy.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

Bump: I updated KarmTI above to mention that it's discontinued, according to this post, which doesn't officially state it but "time to move on to other projects" in the TI community means the same thing. The link will remain up for now, as the emulator is still not outdated enough to justify its removal (unlike VTI/Flash Debugger).

I still need to find and add direct (official) download links to the trial versions of paid emulators. That said, I don't feel it's a priority since if we decided to exclude VTI for being outdated or too innacurate, then we might as well exclude TI-Smartview lol.