Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-83+/84+] This is the Only Level

Started by JWinslow23, March 05, 2016, 07:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JWinslow23

Quote from: Dudeman313 on March 16, 2016, 03:43:14 AM
Hooray! A breakthrough! :thumbsup:
Yeah, now I have a routine specifically for deleting blocks, so I can delete any blocks I want to at will, based on where they are in pixelspace. Now just to make a routine that instead activates a timer, and if it is equal to some value in frames, then it will delete the block there. It should not be hard at all at this point. :)

Dream of Omnimaga

I can't wait for a screenshot :D

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

JWinslow23

Bump.

I finally got past my programmer's block regarding Stage 18: Collapse. It now functions properly. Glad that's over, the rest of the game should be a BREEZE to implement (if I can find a different trick for Stage 28. I am NOT dealing with that one! :P ).

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 16, 2016, 05:13:43 AM
I can't wait for a screenshot :D

Well, you don't have to!

Download attached. Please, tell me what you think!

Dream of Omnimaga

I can't test yet but nice job on platform disappearing, especially having a delay without causing lag. :D
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

Hooray! Which one was Stage 28, though?
I can't play it to see right now.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

JWinslow23

Quote from: Dudeman313 on March 16, 2016, 07:48:26 PM
Hooray! Which one was Stage 28, though?
I can't play it to see right now.
Don't worry, you could barely see it anyways if you played it :P . Stage 28 is "Oh ho, so close", where the view is EXTREMELY zoomed in. Because I don't feel like making a new screen-drawing and screen-scrolling routine for one stage, I'm replacing that with something much simpler.

Dudeman313

Like what? Maybe a level that is 2x smaller and every thing is actually 4 pixel blocks?
But that wouldn't be 2x smaller, though.
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

I'm curious about what you will come up with. I would be fine if it was just a different level map with fewer areas and more blocky, but still the same kind of layout.

JWinslow23

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 17, 2016, 08:10:00 AM
I'm curious about what you will come up with. I would be fine if it was just a different level map with fewer areas and more blocky, but still the same kind of layout.
In the original, it's the same stage layout, but the camera is mega-zoomed in. At this point, though, programming that stage will be like programming a new game entirely (as well, I'm running out of RAM I can use entirely safely), so at least for the eventual first release, forget about an actual true-to-original Stage 28 for now. I promise, though, I'll program it in sometime. Right now, I'm working on the polish and flair of everything but the gameplay. For example, I have some menus now, and I'm seeing what I can do for an ending sequence to stay true to the original.

I WILL upload what I have once I have computer access again, however. So far, it has every stage (expect 28, for reasons stated above), and game saving and loading works perfectly. In fact, I'd go as far as to say it looks presentable. But I'm biased :P

@Dudeman313: There's not enough room on the screen to display your name (as well as others) in the credits, but I promise, I'll credit you and everyone else for motivation in the README.

Dudeman313

That's okay. :)
For Stage 28, maybe you could borrow a stage from This is the Only Level Too or This is the Only Level 3?
But don't if you plan on porting the sequels as well.
The answer is "Sure."

JWinslow23

Quote from: Dudeman313 on March 17, 2016, 10:04:52 PM
For Stage 28, maybe you could borrow a stage from This is the Only Level Too or This is the Only Level 3?
I want the stage layout to be the same in this game for all the stages. I will not borrow any stages from the sequels, but MAYBE a sequel could happen at some point. MAYBE. I don't wanna get your hopes up, but we'll see.

Dream of Omnimaga

I can't wait for a download. Don't forget to put the new version/screenshots in the first post :)

This is definitively gonna make front page on the next releases recap news :)

JWinslow23

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 18, 2016, 05:17:01 AM
I can't wait for a download. Don't forget to put the new version/screenshots in the first post :)

I won't forget. :)

All I need now is some more optimization, then I think it'll be ready for a first official release. I'll put downloads to all shells (yes, even Axe Fusion :P ) and a signed application, as well as to the source files (finally, you can see the mess I have to go through every time I try modifying my program :P ), and I'll add a short README for good measure.

Dudeman313

Quote from: JWinslow23 on March 17, 2016, 11:01:51 PM
Quote from: Dudeman313 on March 17, 2016, 10:04:52 PM
I want the stage layout to be the same in this game for all the stages. I will not borrow any stages from the sequels, but MAYBE a sequel could happen at some point. MAYBE. I don't wanna get your hopes up, but we'll see.
I meant that you could borrow the trick alone.

Quote from: JWinslow23 on March 18, 2016, 07:06:05 AM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 18, 2016, 05:17:01 AM

I won't forget. :)

All I need now is some more optimization, then I think it'll be ready for a first official release. I'll put downloads to all shells (yes, even Axe Fusion :P ) and a signed application, as well as to the source files (finally, you can see the mess I have to go through every time I try modifying my program :P ), and I'll add a short README for good measure.
Release! Happiness! :w00t:
The answer is "Sure."

JWinslow23

Bump.

After being a little quiet, I have finally released This is the Only Level!

Download attached. Please, tell me what you think!

(Also, tell me if I signed the application correctly. Last time I tried it, there was a problem with that.)