Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-83+/84+] This is the Only Level

Started by JWinslow23, March 05, 2016, 07:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman313

Played it for a bit and got stuck on the inverting gravity stage, because I got stuck on the ceiling above the pipe.
And in the alternate control scheme stage, you can still use the arrows.
But it's just as fun as the original! Do you know any ez80 or C so that you can port it to the CE?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

JWinslow23

Quote from: Dudeman313 on March 19, 2016, 10:59:40 PM
Played it for a bit and got stuck on the inverting gravity stage, because I got stuck on the ceiling above the pipe.
And in the alternate control scheme stage, you can still use the arrows.
But it's just as fun as the original! Do you know any ez80 or C so that you can port it to the CE?
Stuck? That has NEVER happened in my experience, are you sure you are unable to move left or right?

And there is no way for me to accurately port the stage "Alternate control scheme" because there is no mouse, but I made it so moving the arrows moves the elephant in that direction. You'll see that the elephant has no restriction moving upwards, for example. When you let go of the arrows, gravity affects the elephant again.

Thank you for the compliment! And no, I do not know z80 Asm, but I'm learning C++ for a class I'm taking. Perhaps I could try porting this sometime to the CE, but not now.

Dudeman313

I got to the end, all the way to the exit pipe, but then I was on the ceiling above the exit pipe and could not go down.
The answer is "Sure."

Dudeman313

The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Awesome! THis is definitively gonna make the front page in the near future. It looks very polished. I can't test it yet, but I'll do so ASAP.  :)

Also I had this idea for a secret unlockable level if you still have extra space for sprites :P

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

I like that too! ;D
@JWinslow23 , are you considering entering it for ticalc.org's POTY?
The answer is "Sure."

Lionel Debroux

Indeed, you should upload it to ticalc.org as well, if you haven't done so yet :)

A version for color calculators (yup, I'm aware of the other topic) would be even more feature-worthy. On TI-Planet, we noticed over the past couple years that the popularity of games for monochrome calculators was waning quickly.
Member of the TI-Chess Team.
Co-maintainer of GCC4TI (GCC4TI online documentation), TIEmu and TILP.
Co-admin of TI-Planet.

JWinslow23

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 20, 2016, 07:52:54 AM
Awesome! THis is definitively gonna make the front page in the near future. It looks very polished. I can't test it yet, but I'll do so ASAP.  :)

Also I had this idea for a secret unlockable level if you still have extra space for sprites :P

Thank you! But you do realize that 1. I don't see a button or any mechanism to open that door in that stage, and 2. I literally only have ONE tile left to assign a property to, with my current scheme (1 tile/nibble, 0=blank, 1=solid ground, 2=up spikes, 3=down spikes, 4=left spikes, 5=right spikes, 6=entry pipe, 7=exit pipe, 8 and 9=door, A and B=button, C and D=button being pressed, E=invisible solid tile (for Mime's folly)), so that may not work :P

Quote from: Dudeman313 on March 20, 2016, 01:11:29 PM
I like that too! ;D
@JWinslow23 , are you considering entering it for ticalc.org's POTY?
Now that you mention it, I think I will. It's been a while since I even uploaded a file to ticalc.org anyways.

Quote from: Lionel Debroux on March 20, 2016, 03:18:59 PM
Indeed, you should upload it to ticalc.org as well, if you haven't done so yet :)

A version for color calculators (yup, I'm aware of the other topic) would be even more feature-worthy. On TI-Planet, we noticed over the past couple years that the popularity of games for monochrome calculators was waning quickly.
I can understand that. I am actually considering a version for the CE once I learn enough C to make one. I might also show this to jmtb02 himself through email if I can :) .

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah right, I forgot that in my mockup x.x.

Also who is jmtb02?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

Oh yeah! I think the purpose of the credits stage was to get people to actually read the credits... :blah:
But I don't know if DJ Omnimaga played the original or not, so yeah. :P
The answer is "Sure."

Dudeman313

Quote from: JWinslow23 on March 21, 2016, 09:50:12 AM
Now my game has been accepted in two archives! The more the merrier ;)
Hooray! Has @DJ Omnimaga added to our archives?
The answer is "Sure."