This project is not dead!
I’m adding bots; you can suggest witty remarks here!
(Action commands, like /pm, will be in a second form, later)
This week has been a very productive week for UniChat: 1.5k-ish additions, 200-something deletions, and more. (We are sorry that we have to keep the service itself under wraps, it's going through some massive changes)
Here's a changelog:
+ Karma and profiles (this is a huge update and I can't put my excitement into words. It isn't done, and needs a TON of polishing, but it's still quite exciting.)
* Restructured how database is stored to make it virtually impossible to spam
(All of the spambots we tested can't beat this one, let alone take it down)
+ Added many commands and created a still-unfinished Chatbot API (using the loosest definition of what an API is)
+ Added more ways for the admins and moderators to smite you and laugh in your face. (and a way to report abuse, for the recipients)
* Changed how highlights work.
+ Notifications. (You can toggle between not receiving notifications, only receiving them on highlights, and always receiving them.)
+ Preliminary link detection.
* Internal optimizations.
Here’s the current to-do list:
1) Finish implementing karma. (It’s not going to be live-updating, due to the limitations of GitHub hosting, but it will update every 30 seconds, whenever an admin or moderator has the admin console open)
2) Beautify profile pages, they look like they were made in 30 seconds (they were)
3) Finish link detection.
4) Add buttons for notifications. Currently you have to run a command in the console to toggle them. (Super easy)
5) General UI and UX enhancements.
I’ll probably release a video today or tomorrow showing off the new features.
Or, I can put up a demo, that is, well, broken:https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/UniChatDemo/
I'll try to x-post more, I actually forgot because I was so busy.