Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

New member introductions: Say hello here!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 20, 2014, 02:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

::CMG (UTOPIA)::

Wut Up?  The name is Chris and now you know what the "C" in "CMG" stands for  8)

Found this place through Omnimaga.org (which I haven't been on in a LONG time).  I see a few familiar faces here but for those that don't know me, i make Dance/Techno music and was part of TIMGUL for a while till they moved to Omnimaga.  I go under the alias "SuperSample☆" as well for my music, as "::CMG (UTOPIA)::" is a handle I use and am known more for in the DDR/ITG/StepMania community.  Other videogames & VG Series i'm into are Sonic The Hedgehog, Street Fighter, Phoenix Wright, Pokemon, Mega Man, Castlevania, Kirby, Mario, Puyo Puyo, and many more.  I'm also in Long Island NY.  Feel free to hit me up anytime  :thumbsup:

Yuki

Hey, welcome here! It's funny, we were talking about an eventual revival of TIMGUL here earlier today. Anyway, feel free to post your music in the music section ^_^
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

::CMG (UTOPIA)::

Quote from: Juju on July 07, 2016, 04:32:37 AM
Hey, welcome here! It's funny, we were talking about an eventual revival of TIMGUL here earlier today. Anyway, feel free to post your music in the music section ^_^

Thanx, will do :) also cool, funny coincidence :P lemme know if that's actually happening, I'd love to be a part of that again.

Yuki

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

OMG it's a CMG Utopia! O.O Yep I rr

Nice to see you around and I hope you enjoy your stay. :3=
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

Dapianokid

Holy hannah, it's been a while.

The Facebook link in the email that I got sent for being activated leads to the Twitter of CodeWalr.us, I thought I'd mention. Seems you only like twitter, DJ. ;p

Hey guys! :D

Dream of Omnimaga

Hi Dapianokid and welcome to the forums :3=

EDIT: Other part removed since it made no sense since you edited your post :P. I am sometimes on Facebook but not as much as Twitter. Less stalking on Twitter. :P

Anyway, I'm glad that you are still aroud. Do you still do any calculator or non-calculator programming, music or anything like that?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

19:57:21 * Dapianokid has joined #omnimaga
19:58:09 <Dapianokid> AND WHY WAS I NOT NOTIFIED THAT CODEWALRUS EXISTS
Best quote.

Anyway, welcome here, been a while.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah, about that, we only told a few people about the site (the others had to find us via sigs, word to mouth and stuff) because our staff didn't want to spam >.< (so our main online friends that are hard to reach outside Omni were the first to know. )

Plus @Dapianokid left Omni about two years before CodeWalrus existed anyway, IIRC.

Yuki

Yeah, we didn't wanted to stir a drama bigger than it already was, so we didn't outright announced it, put it in our sigs and avatars instead and used mainly word of mouth. We went with subtlety, and guess it worked.

Now to catch those members who left before CW became a thing and returned to see a website that became only the shadow of itself...
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

That and also we didn't want to make the site public right from the start, because the forum would have been completely empty.

Dapianokid

I am a sophomore in college, and my prior experience with calculator programming is really paying off in my classes. I don't do much programming at the moment, but as a piano performance major, music has become my primary focus. :)

I found this place via DJ's youtube. I've been feeling nostalgic, so I guess I have 4 years of stuff to catch up on or so.

Yeah, I did kinda disappear way back when, didn't I? I don't even remember what caused that, and my attempts to return weren't successful because I always managed to become sidetracked focusing on the music.
Phew, I'm reeling in from memories of a far less mature Dapianokid being scolded for his hubris...
* Dapianokid shudders

Dream of Omnimaga

Hm for some reasons I had the impression that you were past hi school already. Weren't you active on Cemetech for long before you joined Omnimaga, like 2010-11?

Also yeah I got inspiration to make some color games recently. By the way, if you like RPGs I made Final Fantasy: Mana Force too :). Also beware of Opossum Massage Simulator, because it's a thing now. :P (it's an unnoficial sequel to Hong Kong 97).

IIRC you first left because your parents no longer allowed you to visit calc websites, right? Or maybe that was ordelore...

Also don't worry about maturity issues lol. Granted, some of us don't grow up but we all start somewhere no matter what. Also yeah CW is kinda random at times, so be warned (especially on the site shoutbox when you reach 5 posts and discover the /walrii command, or our pixel art skillz) :P

ColonelPhantom

Hi, I'm Quinten. I have always been interested in computers and have dabbled some in programming. Almost a year ago now I had to get a TI-84+ CE-T for school, in which I was interested for a short time, and I tried creating games in pure BASIC (heh, thats not how this usually works). Recently I've gotten interested in them again, and I hope/intend to create some things for it over this summer.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+ CE-T

Dream of Omnimaga

Heya ColonelPhantom, welcome to the forums. Does the TI-84+CE-T run programs like Calcuzap that runs on the TI-84+CE? I am curious if it has full ASM and C support. The monochrome screen TI-84+T lacks ASM/C support.

Feel free to ask for help if you need any and showcase your stuff. :)

I hope you enjoy your stay here. :3=