Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

A wrapper for TI's JavaScript-based z80/eZ80 emulators

Started by Adriweb, July 04, 2015, 11:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adriweb

Oh, yeah, definitely. But... that becomes the user's problem, then :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

DarkestEx

Quote from: Adriweb on July 06, 2015, 03:02:51 AM
I believe you still need to go through the installer, which makes you accept the license if you want to install it ;)
7zip is often able to extract the contents of exe and msi installers.
I will try it.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I remember trying that with exe files before and it seemed to work, although not all the time. It depends of what's in it and the format.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

7zip can extract .img files... I expect it can to the same with .exe
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

By the way, I don't know if this emulator is compatible with Chromium and Opera 30, but I cannot get it to work in the latter. It just displays two blank spaces, even after following instructions in the multiple readmes. I don't know if I am missing anything. Could this be my svg path being wrong? (It asked me to replace some text with that)

xhr.open("GET", "skins\TI83PCE_SmartView_Standard.svg", true); // Point to the skin file you want to use (watch out for CORS issues)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

TI smartview in made in java, meaning it's fairly easy to extract required files. That is, if they didn't pack it in some weird way / the installer doesnt pack it in some weird way. Ofcourse, since it's java, you can modify code too... (With the right tools)(and you're willing to break TI's agreement)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Adriweb

Since posts got lost... here's a copy/paste from TI-Planet about v2 (even though it's 2.1 internally now)

New major version (v2) !
  • You do not have to extract/dig in TI's jar file anymore and move/copy files around, just drag&drop the one .jar file on the wrapper, and that's all!
  • Minor improvements to the CSS
  • Bugfixes related to event handling in general
  • Better compatibility with Firefox and Safari
  • Some code cleanup
Source code: https://github.com/TI-Planet/ti_jsemu_wrapper
Online demo: https://ti-planet.github.io/ti_jsemu_wrapper/demo/

EDIT (DJ) removed deprecated [youtube] tag
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios

Dream of Omnimaga

Thanks for the repost. I'll make sure to check again because I don't remember which version I tested.

Adriweb

The current one improves CSS stuff and responsiveness, but still not the zoom resize (yet) :P

Dream of Omnimaga

Aaah right, so that's the version I tried last time. Good luck adding the new features :)

Unicorn

Indeed, though I still need to get smartveiw... :0
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Adriweb

Unicorn

Awesome! Maybe someone would like to take over and allow file transfers.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Very good Adriweb. The display now looks as crisp as jsTIfied and WabbitEmu for CSE. :)

Snektron

I forked the project and added file loading :D
https://github.com/RobinDeWalvis/ti_jsemu_wrapper
(sorry no online demo)
It doesn't load archived variables, and i only tested programs but other types should work too.

EDIT: Actually, it seems that something goes wrong. It still needs some work...
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...