Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Making forum skin mobile-friendly

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, January 14, 2015, 07:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuki

I like this theme, though. I'll try to edit some stuff when I'll have some time. Feel free to edit stuff as well, Street.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

novenary

Yup that's what I'm doing atm. Trying to make the site look nice on narrower windows (not too hard, it's just the page width) then I'll make the topic view look better on mobile.

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

novenary

Alright, the site no longer spawns a scrollbar if your window is narrower than 1000 pixels. Instead, it automatically makes the width 100% instead of 90 which is pretty useful. Now for the mobile view.

Edit:

I'm getting there. I just need to figure out width adjustments for this view and it'll be awesome.

Dream of Omnimaga

Oooh I like the result so far :O. But sig images should have a lower max height :P
Quote from: rallat on May 08, 2015, 12:15:30 PM
How do you handle the with Mobile-Fiendly algoo from Google here on the forum. Do you have a significant drop of organic traffic?
We went from 7000 hits a day to 0. Just kidding. Nothing so far but maybe it's because of how recent the change is. I don't know how the algorithm works personally. Welcome to Codewalrus by the way! :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 08, 2015, 03:42:23 PM
Oooh I like the result so far :O. But sig images should have a lower max height :P
Quote from: rallat on May 08, 2015, 12:15:30 PM
How do you handle the with Mobile-Fiendly algoo from Google here on the forum. Do you have a significant drop of organic traffic?
We went from 7000 hits a day to 0. Just kidding. Nothing so far but maybe it's because of how recent the change is. I don't know how the algorithm works personally. Welcome to Codewalrus by the way! :)
Images now have max-width: 100% so it scales according to the display. ;)

CKH4

• Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

novenary

Yeah the header is borked, I'm working on it. Gonna hide some stuff in there.

CKH4

Could you also fix the margin inside wirc. Just add margin to account for the width of the scrollbar so that it doesn't cut off words.

Also the profile pics display opposite to the name.

And the profile page is broken.

novenary

I only really worked on the topic view. The position of the profile pic is intentional, I could place it to the left tho. Let me check.

Edit : I don't really like how it looks with the profile pic to the left. :P
As for wirc it looks fine for me, the text overflow issue is a known bug in wirc itself, not the forum theme.

CKH4

Its fine on the right, just add a negative margin to make up for the height of the text.

Also if you could make the full post editor text box 100% width that would be easier to type.

Dream of Omnimaga

By the way, on my Nexus 5 the theme won't show up, but it might be due to the resolution being 1080*1920. Also some stuff is broken now:

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Quote from: CKH4 on May 08, 2015, 05:31:16 PM
Its fine on the right, just add a negative margin to make up for the height of the text.
Not sure I get what you mean.

Quote from: CKH4 on May 08, 2015, 05:31:16 PM
Also if you could make the full post editor text box 100% width that would be easier to type.
Will do.

Unicorn

It stoped woking on my kindle...
I liked it better when the usernames were on the top.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

novenary

Could you guys be a bit more specific with your problems ? I can't really help you with what you tell me.

DJ and Cumred looks like your issue is that it's not using the new theme at all.