Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Making a Application

Started by xMarminq_, November 04, 2016, 02:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xMarminq_

???
Does anyone know how to make a application on the Ti-84 Plus CE?
???
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84 Plus CE, Ti-84 Plus (can be borrowed from my school)
I don't associate with associations

MateoConLechuga

Quote from: xMarminq_ on November 04, 2016, 02:01:35 AM
???
Does anyone know how to make a application on the Ti-84 Plus CE?
???
You can't.

xMarminq_

How so?
Couldn't you download an app from ti and edit it to see how they do it, or see how people like Kerm Martian making doors did it?

Dream of Omnimaga

At first I was gonna link to some tools, then I realized xMarminq_ had a CE. Since Texas Instruments decided to lock down third-party flash applications on this calculator, you can't create your own apps. You'll need to use programs and application variables (appvars).

The reason why Kerm managed to make Doors into an APP is because back in the days TI decided to make it possible. With the CSE they didn't but the architecture of the calculator did not change enough to prevent us from making apps on that particular model. For the CE it's another story. Correct me if I am wrong Mateo/others
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

xMarminq_

Dream of Omnimaga

We kinda got around this issue IMHO anyway. On TI-68K calcs, they are limited to 64 KB per file and still make amazing programs without using apps (it supports them, but people didn't bother). I'm fairly sure the same can be done on the eZ80 models, as demonstrated by the many programs available so far and the upcoming Doors CE 9.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U