Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[Minecraft] [HP Prime] MinePrime - Minecraft on a Hp Prime!

Started by alexgt, April 20, 2015, 12:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

yup. Make sure to note that mods, of you put them in, need to not overload the calc O>O
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

nullweist

Has a version that supports block breaking been released?
  • Calculators owned: Hp Prime

Dream of Omnimaga

Hi Andrew Weist and welcome to the forums. UNfortunately nope, since the author appears to have disappeared from the calculator scene (whether it's permanently or temporarily is unknown) :(. I don't know when or if this project will ever be updated again.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

alexgt

I have accidentally deleted it from my calc which was the latest version, I have a backup but I don't know how up to date it is. I will check if it has block breaking.
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

alexgt

Yep, I checked ;).
UPDATE TIME!!!!

- Moved project ti GitHub
- Movement!!
- Better rendering
- Block Breaking
- Block Placing
- Gravity
- No progress for past month...

Download and readme in GitHub:
https://github.com/alexgt9123/MinePrime

Dream of Omnimaga

Wow nice to see block placing finally added. I was worried that this feature would never see the light of the day due to the lack of updates. I'll try to install this on my calc when I have some time. Do you plan to make it open-source in the future to allow other people to contribute, in case you cannot find anymore time to finish this?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

The source is on github and it's public; so it's already open source ;)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

alexgt

Any one is free to do anything with any of my projects just as long as they give credit where credit is due ;)

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on October 31, 2015, 10:39:08 AM
The source is on github and it's public; so it's already open source ;)
True, but sometimes people put source on Github with no license and no license apparently means "all rights reserved".

By the way, you should make the readme warn about having to ON+SYMB before launching the game, because the game needs all the memory it can get and a soft reset will clear it out. Else the game just shows the spreadsheet or will only partially load then skip to the spread sheet.

I like the work as always, btw. I am running it on my calc as I write this and I'm happy that it's finally updated :walrii:

EDIT: Darn it exits to the spread sheet as soon as I hit the arrow keys :(. I think your game requires too much RAM. EDIT Fixed after deleting several games. It looks nice and I like how you jump automatically when reaching higher platforms.

alexgt

^Thank you....

But...

I think I have to restart again, I can't get it working on my calc xD so what I am going to do is make a code editor so I can organize my stuff and then program it on that so I won't have to start over just because I can't read it <_<
Expect major developments on a IDE for the Prime because I really want to work on Mineprime <_<

AHHGRRRSDFIDEFGonsfivdsifonaisNBAOUBD(*&^#%)@#$&^)#Q its not that bad though I will optimize it further so like you said it won't crash because of RAM restrictions (I hope <_<) <_< I still am mad tho <_<

Dream of Omnimaga

One thing to keep in mind is that the calc has 16 MB of RAM for the user or perhaps less, since the OS uses half of it. Using a massive GROB for the map you navigate through is probably not a good idea as a result, as the data gets large very fast. It's best to use tilemapping via a minimap stored in a GROB, a 2D array or list containing the tilemap data. It might be slower that way but it would take much less space.

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on November 12, 2015, 07:51:22 AM
One thing to keep in mind is that the calc has 16 MB of RAM for the user or perhaps less, since the OS uses half of it. Using a massive GROB for the map you navigate through is probably not a good idea as a result, as the data gets large very fast. It's best to use tilemapping via a minimap stored in a GROB, a 2D array or list containing the tilemap data. It might be slower that way but it would take much less space.
That is what I did in MinePrime 2.0 :P
|
\/
Quote from: alexgt on July 07, 2015, 03:15:21 PM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on July 07, 2015, 02:52:46 AM
Awesome! Does it still use a large image to store the map? I can't wait to try the new version :)
Nope, the new world size is 500x100 so I couldn't imagine a 8000x1600 GROB containing 12,800,000 pixels O.O so I just have one 352x272 GROB that has a 16 pixel buffer on all sides so you can display the screen and then generate the new terrain of screen :)

Quote from: Unicorn on July 07, 2015, 03:07:48 AM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on July 07, 2015, 02:52:46 AM
Awesome! Does it still use a large image to store the map? I can't wait to try the new version :)
^ Ditto Hopefuly there won't be a red flashing player :P
Just got on the computer to work on custom skins :P

I will have the same method in MinePrime v3.0 though but way more optimized ;)

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah I see I missed that part. I hope you can solve the memory issues, if any. Would DIMGROB_P every GROB (1 through 9) to 1x1 pixel on startup free up RAM used by GROB's in other games?

alexgt

Definitely, that would free up tons of RAM, also clearing all matrices and list would help. So long as games don't store stuff in lists and matrices from runtime to runtime (which is a bad practice anyways) there should be no trouble ;)

Dream of Omnimaga

I am unsure if clearing matrices out is a good idea, though, because if they are used by a math program I am unsure if students will like if a game overwrites all their school stuff. KInda like how some people dislikes when BASIC games don't restore the graph screen content on exit.