Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[Minecraft] [HP Prime] MinePrime - Minecraft on a Hp Prime!

Started by alexgt, April 20, 2015, 12:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on August 24, 2015, 01:44:20 PM
You should download the HP Prime emulator at ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/ :D (it's free but it's Windows-only) since it would probably let you play this game (providing alexgt added speed limits or timers, otherwise the game will run much faster than on the real calc and become unplayable)
You can use it on calc (the movement is really fast tho but block breaking and placing is the same)

I forget have I uploaded the version that you can break/ place blocks???
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

I haven't seen any version allowing us to place blocks yet ???
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

alexgt

Ok, I will make sure there are no big bugs and release that version :)

Unicorn

Well, thats what these releases are for! bugs! Will it work for the emu?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Unicorn

Exactly. So when can we expect a/an alpha/beta to play?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

That reminds me, in reference to CW, maybe you could add an :walrii: mob or something but make it inoffensive and indestructible (or at least make it so it flies away once you hit it).
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

Quote from: Unicorn on August 28, 2015, 06:44:55 AM
Exactly. So when can we expect a/an alpha/beta to play?
No promises as they have all fell through <_< but when I have time and start school (I will spend more time on the computer and then upload and program more frequently) but as it stands I need to take one bug out and then I am left with a perfectly playable early alpha realease ;)

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on August 30, 2015, 05:08:04 PM
That reminds me, in reference to CW, maybe you could add an :walrii: mob or something but make it inoffensive and indestructible (or at least make it so it flies away once you hit it).
Ans if somehow you kill it it haunts your world forever, but if you tame it it poops diamonds into nearby chests O.O

Unicorn

Ok, and I actually do more coding to, as I have less time for gaming :P

Maybe it poops random things on the geound?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Quote from: Unicorn on September 02, 2015, 06:41:05 AM
Ok, and I actually do more coding to, as I have less time for gaming :P

Maybe it poops random things on the geound?
Why I don't think that it could poop things on the ground would be that I don't actually intend to implement items outside of the inventory (you can't drop stuff and when you mine blocks it is placed in your inventory)

Unicorn

yeah... I guess that would be hard to implement

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Yeah if I did do it they would probably count as mobs and it would get laggy fast _<_<

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah dropped items and being able to pick stuff up on the group might be too slow. Imagine if you used TNT and 40 items got dropped.

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on September 04, 2015, 03:40:31 PM
Yeah dropped items and being able to pick stuff up on the group might be too slow. Imagine if you used TNT and 40 items got dropped.
User inflicted error - not my problem :P

Dream of Omnimaga

True, but there are probably other more common instances where many items get dropped and managing all of those mobs or sprites would still put strain on the game engine.