Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Share your Super Mario Maker level codes!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, March 02, 2015, 12:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Have you seen this? :O http://e3.nintendo.com/games/wiiu/mario-maker/

Looks like Nintendo decided to start making their own level editing things and it's called Mario Maker. Basically it lets you make your own Mario levels. It has been possible since ages via ROM hacking and homebrew software but now Nintendo will have their own thing. I wonder if it will come out outside Japan, unlike F-Zero Climax and F-Zero X Expansion Kit?

EDIT: I should add levels CW users made to the first post. Here are mine:

@DJ Omnimaga https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/DJ_Omnimaga
@Art_of_camelot https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/art_of_camelot
@Juju https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/juju2143
@JWinslow23 https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/JRWinslow
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Yeah, saw that, looks pretty cool.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Compared to level editors, like Lunar Magic, this one feels pretty empty...
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

It will probably be much more user-friendly than Lunar Magic, though. User-friendliness == consoderably larger audience. I probably won't use it that much if it's way too limited or expensive, though.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

We're talking about a 21th century Nintendo product, sure that will be pretty user-friendly! :p

EDIT : I remember the layout : it's just a grid and you tap/draw where the blocks will be, can't do easier! :p

Dream of Omnimaga

Lunar magic required some programming or more tech savy stuff at timea, though. Also stop trolling pl0x <_<

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

I'm not trolling at all. Oh and by the way, if u remember correctly, one can use NSMB tileset or original SMB, but with some extras I don't remember which.

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah ok because it seemed like you were using the typical ASM/low level language/software elitist mentality when stating your points above and a while ago on the forums when you insisted non-stop that I make Illusiat PRIZM in C x.x. And yeah I saw that. I wonder if we will be able to use other tiles such as SMB3? It seems heavily based on SMB1, though, so I think the game will mostly include power ups from the original NSMB on Nintendo DS.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

I only insisted to give you an occasion to learn a language and have much more flexibility in the device. But i ain't push you anymore. Don't worry. ;)

Let's hope that SMB3's tileset will be given in a free update and not DLC.

Honnestly, an editor with different complexity levels could have been awesome. I'm not going to talk about Lunar Magic's complexity (heh, you could get away without any ASM but that's not the discussion) but think of the tools/objects that are on NSMB, SMW or SMB3 and that they would add them in the game with or without custom components like triggers or colors. For the kids or the *casual* level editor,  only the simple kit could be enough and it would switch to advanced when one would like to have full control on the system.

aetios

QuoteLet's hope that SMB3's tileset will be given in a free update and not DLC.

What about free DLC? It's Nintendo, not EA/Ubisoft.
ceci n'est pas une signature

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Yeah they dipped their toe into paid DLC, for instance in Mario Kart 8, so I'm afraid they will be dragged on by the Paymoar sharks and turn then into a new Ubisoft...

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Eiyeron on March 03, 2015, 06:28:24 AM
I only insisted to give you an occasion to learn a language and have much more flexibility in the device. But i ain't push you anymore. Don't worry. ;)

Let's hope that SMB3's tileset will be given in a free update and not DLC.

Honnestly, an editor with different complexity levels could have been awesome. I'm not going to talk about Lunar Magic's complexity (heh, you could get away without any ASM but that's not the discussion) but think of the tools/objects that are on NSMB, SMW or SMB3 and that they would add them in the game with or without custom components like triggers or colors. For the kids or the *casual* level editor,  only the simple kit could be enough and it would switch to advanced when one would like to have full control on the system.
I am hoping it won't be a DLC either, because I am betting everyone wanting to play SMB3 levels will need to buy the DLC too. I would be OK if developers don't need to, though, although my levels would still be less popular.

Dream of Omnimaga

Good news: Super Mario Maker will also support Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario World levels! *.* http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/i7YeZxnWhEFX6ST-sLdUBGmLoZivzNP5

I was worried that it would just feature flower and big mario and the star as power ups and that SMM would just be a clone of TI-83+ Super Mario editor, but it seems like maybe we will have more freedom, after all. I'm definitively gonna use the SMB3 features a lot.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Well, you bought the first version? Here's the newest with moar blocks.

No it's not a free update, it's a new game.

Well played, Nintendo, I hope you won't fall into an EA-like release cycle.

But yeah, for PC users and SMW fans, there is Lunar Magic which allow you to edit SMW levels to a big extent (you can only reach more edition power by hacking with ASM)

TIfanx1999

It actually hasn't been released yet. I also knew about the other game styles being included for a while. It's actually a really interesting program and I can't wait till it comes out (Sept 11th). In addition to basically being like a multi game rom hacking tool, it adds new interactions between objects and from what I can tell lets you mix and match stuff from different generations.