Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Survival Modded Server [BTW]

Started by Unicorn, May 07, 2016, 11:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

Hey everyone! At the urging of @Strontium I took my computer  turned server that I had lying around, and created a modded survival server. The only mod is Better Than Wolves, google it!

If you want to join us, the ip is  Unicorn.noip.me and you need to install BTW. Check out this tutorial, it worked for me! http://www.sargunster.com/btwforum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8506

So yeah, join us! If you can't connect, the power went out, or the internet died. Just wait a few hours, or PM me, and I should have it back up!
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Strontium

yes :D come join us! and hide in the ground at night, terrified of the spiders lurking outside your door...

• Calculators owned: TI Nspire CX, HP Prime
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: NES

Dream of Omnimaga

Just one thing, though: Omnimaga had 5 different servers in the past and it resulted into each server only being used by 1 person or 2, so since we already have 3 servers including this one and Cemetech 1, we should avoid saturating the community again.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Strontium

I don't think this one would count as saturating it more, because this is very different than the rest (modded)

Unicorn

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 08, 2016, 12:02:53 AM
Just one thing, though: Omnimaga had 5 different servers in the past and it resulted into each server only being used by 1 person or 2, so since we already have 3 servers including this one and Cemetech 1, we should avoid saturating the community again.
Indeed, it is very different, we have vanilla survival, creative, and now modded survival. They are all very different.

If you like mods, you play this one, if you like survival, you play cemetech, if you like creative, you play codewalrus.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah true. I'm just saying in case. Also we should add the server link to the other topic too.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Strontium

^ yeah, it's probably a good idea to have all the servers listed in one place

Unicorn

Also, does anyone know if I could link the server chat to irc? I dont think so, but just to check.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Ivoah

Quote from: Unicorn on May 08, 2016, 12:21:18 AM
Also, does anyone know if I could link the server chat to irc? I dont think so, but just to check.
Yeah, probably not in the main #CodeWalrus channel
Maybe we could make a #cw-mc channel where messages from the main CW server and yours are relayed.
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

Unicorn

Well, ofc the messages would be in a different channel, I was just wondering if anyone knew of such a 1.5.2 server mod.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Strontium

I doubt theres one that comes as a jar mod. You might be able to make your own. Or, you know apps like minechat? You could make another application that can also "connect" to the server, read its chat, and send it over IRC

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Ivoah on May 08, 2016, 12:29:47 AM
Quote from: Unicorn on May 08, 2016, 12:21:18 AM
Yeah, probably not in the main #CodeWalrus channel
Maybe we could make a #cw-mc channel where messages from the main CW server and yours are relayed.
We already have #cw-craft :P (and yes I agree that chats from this servers should be relayed there.

Snektron

The mod is called EiraIRC
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1291581-eirairc-irc-twitch-screenshots-and-more
Why 1.5.2 though?
EDIT: Oh, because you wan't to run better than wolves. You should add a bit (much) more mods to make it interesting :P (me and brentmaas would probably take a look, but we kinda don't play mc with less than 200 mods :P)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Unicorn

If you guys can find compatible mods, I'll be glad to ad them, but for now I'd like to at least have BTW for a month or two.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

Fiar enough. Too bad the author of BTW hates minecraft and minecraft forge and is too stubborn to port it over to 1.7.10
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...