Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

HCWP GMT Edition

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, December 01, 2014, 07:56:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

So as many of you probably know if you frequent Cemetech, they have that thing called Have Calc? Will Program!, refered to as HCWP. It starts at 8 PM (20:00) New York time on every Wednesday night. It's a Google Hangout-based voice/video chat conference where Cemetech members usually showcases their calculator projects and programming or discuss calculators in general. Some discoveries and achievements are sometimes showcased there first.

However, recently, there have been a new trend where at 8 PM GMT (5 hours earlier), Omnimaga users coming mostly from Europe uses the video conference room to hang out and there are some calc stuff showcased there too. I think somebody once refered to it as HCWP GMT or HCWP 8PM GMT.

I thought I would let people here know because in many occasions, we are at least 4 CodeWalrus members. Just try to not leak the entire site and stuff like what almost happened once, though. :P

I'll probably try to see if I still have a webcam somewhere at one point or a working mic headset, but I usually don't use headphones for long because they hurt my neck due to the extra weight.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

aetios

That's right, we' ve been hosting HCWP GMT for a few weeks now. I talked with KermM about making it official and he's positive about it if we can get enough members to regularly attend. As it's been quite busy on there for the last few weeks, I'm pretty sure it'll become official soon-ish :)
ceci n'est pas une signature

novenary

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 01, 2014, 07:56:02 AM
I'll probably try to see if I still have a webcam somewhere at one point or a working mic headset, but I usually don't use headphones for long because they hurt my neck due to the extra weight.
Why not earphones + a standalone mic/webcam ?
Also yeah, HCWP ftw. Hangouts is really laggy though. :/

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Or quite crashy when your is getting low on batteries. HCWP \o/
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Streetwalrus on December 01, 2014, 05:29:03 PM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 01, 2014, 07:56:02 AM
Why not earphones + a standalone mic/webcam ?
Also yeah, HCWP ftw. Hangouts is really laggy though. :/
I tried that before and having to hold the mic to talk was completely unbearable. It only picks up sound if I talk directly in it. I could check if my webcam has built-in mic, though (it was a cheap one bought in 2007 or so.)

I didn't notice any lag on Hangouts on my desktop but Keoni29 video stream is really choppy lol. I have yet to try it on mobile (I probably won't because I bet I'll eat my batteries in less than 2 minutes. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 01, 2014, 05:42:09 PM
I tried that before and having to hold the mic to talk was completely unbearable.
You get easily the hand of it, and the other can tetify for me. I even had almost the mic in the mouth last time! :p

matrefeytontias

Finally this comes true o/ I've been kinda wanting this to exist, only I never thought of proposing it :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+.fr, TI-Nspire CAS prototype, TI-84+ CSE, TI-Nspire CX
My TI games (some got their own article on non-calc websites !) : http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/authors/112/11202.html

My moozik (100% free metal) : http://www.soundcloud.com/matrefeytontias

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Oh my god he talked! You talked! Yay for matref and HCWP! :w00t:

Dream of Omnimaga

I would say it pretty much unofficially existed for real for weeks now, it was just never made official. Technically it's still unnoficial, though, since the HCWP room is kinda owned by Cemetech (although so far common courtesy seems to be to stop HCWP GMT before the real one starts or at least stop performing any activity that is against HCWP rules around 8 PM (such as just streaming games and not talking)

There also used to be a French-speaking HCWP called TCAP (T'as une calto? Allons programmer!) back in 2011, on saturday afternoons, but then I started working every Saturday and I also had increasing neck issues. It pretty much became solely a TI-Planet and Planete Casio thing before finally dying.

aetios

I haven't been able to attend for most of december due to real life chores and stuff. I might host a happy new year version tonight, tho, if enough people can attend.
ceci n'est pas une signature

Keoni29

If you like my work, why not give me an internet?

Dream of Omnimaga

I can't attend myself unless this lasts super late at night (I will be home at 5:30 PM of my timezone), but I was wondering if anyone recorded or took pics of the Dec 31st HCWP during CodeWalrus opening?

novenary

Any progress on getting a mic btw DJ ? :P

Keoni29

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 03, 2015, 07:14:51 PM
I can't attend myself unless this lasts super late at night (I will be home at 5:30 PM of my timezone), but I was wondering if anyone recorded or took pics of the Dec 31st HCWP during CodeWalrus opening?
There was not much going on during that HCWP :(
If you like my work, why not give me an internet?

novenary

Hmm yeah we were hanging out doing nothing. :P