Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

(Solved) Axe Parser - NOT ENOUGH ROM error

Started by JWinslow23, March 16, 2016, 07:04:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aetios

No, defragmenting on the TI-84 means it deletes the archive that's marked as deleted, and indeed I also think it moves the stuff around that's not in sequence.
ceci n'est pas une signature

JWinslow23

Isn't GarbageCollect supposed to delete archive memory marked as deleted? I agree with you, I think defragmenting does that too, but isn't that what GarbageCollect is for?

Dream of Omnimaga

I was sure that both were similar in the way that they moved stuff around to ensure that files aren't spread across flash pages and not leaving enough space in any of them, or tried to group everything together at least? Also the Garbage collect message for a newbie is very frightening in English mode (which sounded to me like throwing garbage away or throwing calculator data away) so I was afraid to do it, fearing that Garbage Collect was the same thing as a full archive reset.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

ben_g

I thought garbage collecting did the same, or does garbage collecting only remove the deleted files that are still present in memory?

Dream of Omnimaga

I'm thinking that both are the same, but named differently for odd reasons. There might be some differences, but I don't know where details might be explained.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U