Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Smartphone technical discussion

Started by Duke "Tape" Eiyeron, January 19, 2015, 05:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

So today i updated to 5.0.2 since 5.0 had problems, and indeed it fixed my Camera.
Though i'm not really sure if i like the new keyboard vibrations. I'll get used to it i guess
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

I already had keyboard vibrations in 4.x ???. What is new since 5.0.1 btw?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Yeah there were also new ones in 5.0.0
in 5.0.2:
- Changes to internal alarms
- Changes in the TRIM process
- Few bug fixes.
I don't know about 5.0.1, but i believe some memory leaks were fixed

Dream of Omnimaga

I know 5.0.1 fixed the bug causing the phone to go into a reboot loop when charging, which only happened if the French Canadian language was set. It also suppisedly fixes battery draining issues, but some people reported that it actually makes them worse.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Well since i upgraded from my broken 4.4 rom i don't really have any battery problems

Dream of Omnimaga

It's very random IIRC. It will only happen to certain people. A reformat is required to fix it, IIRC.

Snektron

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

I'm waiting for CM12, I like Cyanogen a lot since I had to switch to (it's the original ROM for One Plus One) and I feel Vanilla is too plain and does't have enough customisation/tweaks to fully enjoy the experience. Right now I forgot my charger away from home and being not able to charge its battery, I downcloked the phone to max 6000Mhz + regular battery economy things and I have now the idle autonomy of a classic Nokia (-1% battery during the whole night, neeeeat).
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Snektron

I already have CM12 and i love it. CM is one of the best ROM's hands down, if not the best.
But it's actually quite suprising how big the One S community is on forums like XDA. You'd
expect such an old model to be long gone. No one has an One X anymore.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

But they have a certain curious diplomacy. They almost killed the OPO CM support because tensions created by OP as they released their phones in a country they signed to not ship with CM built-in.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Snektron

I like how they are independent and Google tried to buy them. Luckily they didn't
get bought though, else the whole point of CM would be gone and surely would have
lost most of their users.

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah true. After all, people are switching to CM for a reason. There is something missing in Android that makes people use hacks, alternate OSes or other things to enhance their experience.

Snektron

Well for most people the reason is most brands put gigabytes of bloatware (unwanted apps) on their phones. I believe the Galaxy s5 has like 6gb.

CKH4

6 on the note 3 aswell (including the os). I think that companies shouldn't be allowed to blockuuninstallation of apps that wouldn't brick the phone (like everything except for the system processes and the settings app).
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Vijfhoek

I really dislike CyanogenMod for their diplomacy. I really hate them for it. But their ROMs are truly great.