Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Computer Mice Can Cause Cancer: Click Here To Find Out More

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 04, 2015, 03:20:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

So it looks like not only red meat, bananas, margarine and apples can cause cancer now. A recent study led to the conclusion that computer mouses can lead to cancer as well and that they are even more dangerous than the aforementioned food.

The reason why computer mouses can cause cancer is because when you use them, you are at higher risk of finding websites about hard drugs and cigarette, images depicting their use and thus, make you at higher risk of being inclined to try those drugs. Computer mouses also reportedly hurt the world's economy severely, because they also lets you find contraband cigarettes dealers more easily, meaning less taxes for governments and more convenience stores closures, while also increasing risks of cancer by making it easier to get hooked to cigarettes. The higher cancer rate also hurts the economy due to increased costs of health care.

By using a keyboard and no mouse, risks of cancer are reduced for younger people, because it takes them longer to access websites that way, unlike baby-boomers, who first used computers back when mouses were not mainstream.

Computer mouses are also a source of seizures: Several hundreds people who used a mouse suffered from a seizure after watching a Youtube video of the banned Pokémon Episode 38 despite warnings.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

bb010g

Have you even thought about why touch-screen phones are so popular these days?
  • Calculators owned: HP 50g, Prime, 28S, 35S, Casio Prizm, dead Nspire CX CAS

alexgt

That is an interesting way to look at it O.O

We are all going to be druggies O.O save us... :w00t:
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

bb010g

On the bright side, calculators don't have mouses either. Except for Doors CS... <_<

alexgt

The argument could also be made that they will navigate to anti-drug sites as well.

bb010g

DO YOU NOT CARE ABOUT THE CHILDREN GOING TO RAVES? IF JUST ONE LIFE IS SAVED, IT'S WORTH IT!
CHILD HATER!

alexgt

We all have a choice, the light or the dark side :P

Yuki

Those people who use a tiling window manager such as i3 on Linux. Or even, don't even use a GUI. Screw graphic user interfaces, command-line interfaces are the future.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Strontium

Command line interfaces are the past, pretty sure. Real men flip switches to input their code.
  • Calculators owned: TI Nspire CX, HP Prime
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: NES

Unicorn

It feels good to see all that text flying past you...

He He He! :)
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Strontium on November 04, 2015, 05:56:50 AM
Command line interfaces are the past, pretty sure. Real men flip switches to input their code.
Back in the days, when a device stopped working properly, we use hit it with our hand very hard and it fixed it. Very common back in the 70's with old TVs :P

Also the reason I made this topic was to make fun at sensationalist news medias for using clickbait titles and overhyping studies about foods that cause cancer, especially that recent study about red and processed meat and making it like everything will kill you overnight. :P

And it's not just with such stories: Before halloween there was a news report here about an asteroid being headed towards earth and the way the intro and title was worded sounded like it was gonna hit us, when in fact it was just a fly by.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

did you know that money will cause cancer? Wow! :trollface:
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Unicorn on November 04, 2015, 07:10:00 AM
did you know that money will cause concer? Wow! :trollface:

Yes, money will cause unruly persons that bring out the worst in mankind by promoting selfishness and ill will. :P http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=concer

Unicorn

huh. That actually works, though I did edit.... :P

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I figured it was a typo, but we never know, so I checked Google in case and it managed to fit perfectly O.O