Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Having trouble with TI Connect

Started by Woodrow, July 23, 2018, 07:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodrow

So I was trying to use the TI Connect software with my TI-83+ and a link cable I just got on Amazon. This is my first time using a link cable, so I pulled up a Dummies guide and got the TICon program on my Mac (High Sierra, Version 10.13.4 if that helps). I then tried to use the TI Device Explorer. After a wait of 10-15 minutes (I haven't timed it precisely, this is just an estimate), an alert pops up.

This is what is shown during the wait:

And this is the alert that pops up after.

Looking on Finder reveals absolutely nothing indicating that the calculator even exists.

Some other info:

• Because I have an Air (mac that does not have USB ports), the cable is plugged into an adapter, which is plugged into the charger port.
  • I have programs in both the RAM and flash memory of the calc.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: TI-83+, iPhone, Nintendo Switch, iPad, Kindle
.emaG ehT esol won lliw uoy ,siht gnidaer rof tnemhsinup sA

mazhat

I don't know too much about the software, and I don't have a Mac.
However, I will say that it should take only a minute or so to find the device.
Does plugging a Flash Drive, or other device into the USB adaptor work?

I have a TI-83+ and a TI-84+.
Remember to turn on your device and be on the main screen with the blinking cursor.
Sometimes the TI-CON software mucks up, and the solution I found is to just restart the program.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83Plus, TI-84Plus
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Samsung TAB A (Cheap), DSI, Rasperry PI 3
Sketti

Woodrow

I tried force quitting the program and re-opening it. I then tried my best to keep the calc on for the entire wait, but I ended up leaving it alone long enough for the screen to turn back off several times.

If you really think it might help, I could keep pressing On every 90 seconds for 15 minutes, but I don't really want to do that unless it has a chance of helping.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: TI-83+, iPhone, Nintendo Switch, iPad, Kindle
.emaG ehT esol won lliw uoy ,siht gnidaer rof tnemhsinup sA