Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Puzzler's Crossword

Started by JWinslow23, May 03, 2018, 07:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JWinslow23

As a sort of spiritual successor to Puzzler's Sudoku, I'm going to try and bring to the monochrome calculators another staple of newspaper puzzle pages: the crossword!

This is only a demo at this point. The included crossword puzzle is based on the puzzle featured in the New York Times on April 25 2018, with a very interesting theme. Use the arrow keys to move around, and the letter keys to input letters. DEL deletes letters, and MODE switches between looking at/writing ACROSS or DOWN clues.

Download attached. Make sure to include the CROSSWRD appvar, or else the calculator might freak out.

JWinslow23

Bump.

I have now added proper display of clues for 1-letter words (i.e. none), and included a boilerplate README file.

The biggest new thing, however, is a fully-functional (and hopefully user-friendly enough) crossword puzzle editor to make your own crossword puzzles! It is written in Python 3, so have that installed to run it. Hopefully everything you need should be included. There's a new puzzle now, too, and it's today's mini crossword on the New York Times website!

Download attached.

gameblabla

Still making games for Old TI calcs, huh ? :P
That does look cool though, even though i have a lazy brain as far puzzle games are concerned.
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)