Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

General site updates, TODO list and discussion

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 12, 2014, 07:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

But when I added more last time it errored out so I had to replace some. <.<

EDIT: Good news, the 404 not found on login was fixed. It's due to a bug in SimplePortal with the Disable Portal Redirect option. I unchecked it now.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

UPDATE:

- [email protected] is now a valid email address. If you guys want one (either the pass to that email and/or your own email), please ask me.
- HTTPS is enabled

New bugs:

- HTTPS is broken
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

novenary

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Juju on November 19, 2014, 10:47:30 PM
UPDATE:

- [email protected] is now a valid email address. If you guys want one (either the pass to that email and/or your own email), please ask me.
- HTTPS is enabled

New bugs:

- HTTPS is broken
Does enabling HTTPS on the site cost money, though, or did you get a decent certificate for free?

Also for e-mail is it possible to make emails forward to another address too? I only use Gmail as client so I might forget to check the e-mail address. >.<
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

I don't even remember I saw a unused certificate lying around in my namecheap account that must came with something else and I used it. And yes you can configure Gmail to check other email addresses.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Keoni29

The website is so much more responsive now that omnomirc has been disabled. I don't mind using a separate client for IRC.
If you like my work, why not give me an internet?

aetios

Yeah same. Also how do I edit walrii.php, someone teach me pl0x.
ceci n'est pas une signature

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: keoni29 on November 19, 2014, 11:41:08 PM
The website is so much more responsive now that omnomirc has been disabled. I don't mind using a separate client for IRC.
If Juju and pimath can't figure out how to fix the issues, then what juju or someone else could do is modify SimplePortal's default shoutbox feature so that when people send messages, it relays them to IRC and vice-versa and when there is a new post, the forums automatically posts a notification in the shoutbox.

novenary

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on November 19, 2014, 11:51:20 PM
Quote from: keoni29 on November 19, 2014, 11:41:08 PM
If Juju and pimath can't figure out how to fix the issues, then what juju or someone else could do is modify SimplePortal's default shoutbox feature so that when people send messages, it relays them to IRC and vice-versa and when there is a new post, the forums automatically posts a notification in the shoutbox.
It would be sad if we had to get rid of Omnom. Omni doesn't have such issues and it's not the server specs since the resource usage is perfectly fine. Maybe because they use Apache while we use Nginx ? But Soru's site and Juju's sites have Omnom without any issues and Soru's server runs Nginx.

Dream of Omnimaga

Idk, I still think our server is not configured properly. But yeah if there is no solution found before it's almost time to open this site to public we will definitively have to find alternatives.

EDIT: Best. 404. Page. Ever: http://codewalr.us/thegame .

novenary

Yeah, an ajax irc client would maybe do the trick but I'm not sure.
Also,
* Streetwalrus lost

pimathbrainiac

There are already AJAX plugins for SMF, iirc. That might be easier.
Well, I'm bach here too!

Dream of Omnimaga

Forum rules and advice for good forum experience have been written. http://codewalr.us/index.php?topic=36

The todo list have also been rewritten, split by priority. Stuff in purple are forum issues that I cannot fix myself, so I need help from our resident server and web devs: http://codewalr.us/index.php?topic=2

pimathbrainiac

Okay, nice rules and forum advice. Do you want me to write a thing similar to "Omnimaga Rules of the Road" in a separate thread (So we have some netiquette established)?
Well, I'm bach here too!

Dream of Omnimaga

It could work but it might confuse ppl. Just make it clear what are the official rules.