Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

General site updates, TODO list and discussion

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 12, 2014, 07:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

I blame your Chrome version being outdated, cuz it has always worked for me on WIndows 7 <.<
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Then it might be the way you were trying to use mentions or the OS the browser is on, since on Windows it always worked fine for me. I know that quick edit lacks the mentions drop-downs, but when saving it works.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

Minor updates:

-Welcome message on the front page edited to mention all TI, Casio and HP calculators, instead of just TI-84 Plus, TI-Nspire and HP Prime. It didn't make sense considering many people program for the CSE and we had a few Casio programs before.

-Super Walrii Land sub-forum terminated

Dream of Omnimaga

TODO:

-Find a way to make website links in block titles open in the same window

-Make custom profile links such as Youtube/Reddit open in a new window

-Maybe install ENotify at some point? Sorunome provided a fix for the author that solves the issue about page views being inflated greatly by the mod. Basically, it shows new posts in real time anywhere on the forums. On the other hand, we already have WalrusIRC, as well as DarkestEx/Cumred post notifiers that do that and the latter two even show notifications on your computer or phone .

novenary

Quote<debrouxl> Bug report, CW admins: today, I filled in my ticalc.org ID in my profile settings, but the generated link in the profile information at the left of my posts on CW is incorrect. The "<userID/100>/" part is not added automatically, unlike on Cemetech :)
Allowing partial url input is not very secure, this field should be changed to numeric input and parse the ID manually, I have no idea if it's scriptable though. Possibly with JS but I'd rather avoid it.

Lionel Debroux

I browse all forums of the TI community without JS. No need for JS in this instance, the checks and translation must be done server-side.
Member of the TI-Chess Team.
Co-maintainer of GCC4TI (GCC4TI online documentation), TIEmu and TILP.
Co-admin of TI-Planet.

Dream of Omnimaga

I don't know if I understand your bug report @Lionel Debroux but I might have an hint of what you mean. I will check custom profile fields once I get home, because there are various parameters there that can help security and possibly do what you want.

Would you prefer that it requires you to enter 112/11234? That's what it did on Omni when I ran it.

Also I don't like Javascript either. I can tolerate it for certain automated things such as WalrusIRC, but for stuff like posting and navigation I prefer keeping it to a minimum.

Lionel Debroux

I could of course enter 58/5891 instead of just 5891, but I think it would be more convenient for CW users with ticalc.org profiles to just enter the ID, like they do on Cemetech. That's why I posted the bug report / feature request :)

QuoteAlso I don't like Javascript either. I can tolerate it for certain automated things such as WalrusIRC, but for stuff like posting and navigation I prefer keeping it to a minimum.
Exactly. What's more, JS is a constant source of vulnerabilities in the browser... the least JS all of us execute, the better.
Member of the TI-Chess Team.
Co-maintainer of GCC4TI (GCC4TI online documentation), TIEmu and TILP.
Co-admin of TI-Planet.

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah tha ks for clarifying. I should see if it's possible. I am afraid not with the current custom field feature so it would need to be coded ourselves.

We could always link to accounts instead, but we won't, because despite Omni stating that you have to enter the ID, people would still enter their nick instead, leading to a 404 link. So author ID is better

Dream of Omnimaga

@Lionel Debroux a small update: It looks like the Custom Profile Field feature in SMF 2.0 doesn't support what you would like. What I have done right now is limiting that field to 9 characters instead of 255 due to a security issue brought up earlier on IRC (thanks @Vogtinator) and someone will have to help me figure out what regex to use instead to only allow the / character and digits.

We will have to modify SMF code via a mod ourselves, I guess, so adding this feature might take a long while. Sorry.

Vogtinator

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 06, 2015, 07:57:31 AM
What I have done right now is limiting that field to 9 characters instead of 255 due to a security issue brought up earlier on IRC (thanks @Vogtinator)

Looks like the change didn't affect already set fields, my ticalc.org link is still working :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspie CX CAS, Casio FX-85ES

Dream of Omnimaga

I know. I didn't change yours because it was safe and I was lazy :P

novenary

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 06, 2015, 07:57:31 AM
someone will have to help me figure out what regex to use instead to only allow the / character and digits.
Added the regex, but I think I can't test it myself as I'm a root admin and it seems to let me type in anything.