You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here. | New CodeWalrus | Old (dark mode) | Old (light) | Discord server

WalrusIRC is down? Please complain here!

Previous topic - Next topic

Any idea why WalrusIRC is down right now?
Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 08:03:19 PM by Juju
Inicia sesión o crea una cuenta para dejar un comentario
u/Unicorn June 16, 2015, 04:28:36 AM
Illooommynaaatyy. They have inflitrated our servers. :P

I don't know, I just got back from camping. :D
u/Snektron June 16, 2015, 01:17:24 PM
Seems to bebackup now anyway.
u/Yuki June 16, 2015, 07:33:06 PM
That's why it's useful to have at least 2 server admins in 2 different timezones, in case one of them can't get on Internet to fix it. That and/or an autorestart script.

(By the way, whether WIRC is down or something, please post in this thread instead of creating a new thread.)
u/Snektron June 16, 2015, 07:57:33 PM
Maybe rename thee title to something like "WIRC downtime reports" or something like that
u/novenary June 16, 2015, 08:00:01 PM
I restarted the server when I woke up. Thing is it doesn't completely crash so it won't automatically restart. I don't know why it breaks. Used to allow restarting omnom without restarting wirc too.
u/Dream of Omnimaga June 17, 2015, 02:06:51 AM
My post was actually in the other thread last night, but then I decided to split it into a separate thread since I figured it might be better to have a separate downtime thread to avoid cluttering the other.

And I see, that might explain it. I noticed some lag when loading the forums last night so I might have tried to access the site while the reboot occured. But yeah the WIRC downtime occured immediately afterward. At first I thought it was because the line I sent was way too long but that would have been weird.
u/novenary June 17, 2015, 08:20:26 AM
Reboot ? Last time we rebooted was 3 months ago. :P
u/Dream of Omnimaga June 17, 2015, 01:17:15 PM
You just said you restarted the server a night ago, and now one post later you say you restarted it three months ago? /me is confused ???
u/Yuki June 17, 2015, 04:57:08 PM
Maybe he meant WIRC.
u/Dream of Omnimaga June 17, 2015, 04:58:52 PM
Ah that might explain it. I always have the idea in mind that everything hosted on this VPS is just one server, as opposed to separate ones for WIRC, CW, other files, etc.
u/Yuki June 17, 2015, 05:11:58 PM
Yeah, the thing is, everything is called "server", as in, processes that serves something over the Internet.
u/novenary June 17, 2015, 05:13:33 PM
Yeah, if we were to reboot the actual vps we'd say reboot, while restart is just for processes usually. :P
u/Dream of Omnimaga September 15, 2015, 09:10:03 PM
@Streetwalrus @Juju WalrusIRC image uploader no longer works. When I drag and drop a GIF file in there it no longer does anything. It worked yesterday
u/novenary September 15, 2015, 09:12:41 PM
Woops, I screwed up permissions, all fixed now. :P
Start a Discussion

b/[Completed] CodeWalrus Tools (Web/Android/PC)

The sub-forum for WalrusIRC, an IRC-linked shoutbox, as well as DarkestEx and Cumred_Snektron's post notifiers. Other major site browsing tools might be discussed here when applicable.

Topics
Explore Board
Website statistics

MyCalcs | Ticalc.org | Cemetech | Omnimaga | TI-Basic Developer | MaxCoderz | TI-Story | Casiocalc.org | Casiopeia | The Museum of HP Calculators | HPCalc.org | CnCalc.org | Music 2000 Community | TI Education | Casio Education | HP Calcs | NumWorks | SwissMicros | Sharp Calculators