You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here. | New CodeWalrus | Old (dark mode) | Old (light) | Discord server

CodeWalr.us Post Notifier [Windows] [Mac] [Linux]

b/[Completed] CodeWalrus Tools (Web/Android/PC) Started by DarkestEx, May 17, 2015, 09:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

u/Dream of Omnimaga May 31, 2015, 04:23:47 PM
Aah ok, I thought that minimized apps and auto-starting ones were also supposed by Mac OS and Linux (at least if the user chooses that option).

My main worry is if the user reboots and keep forgetting to restart the post notifier.
u/DarkestEx May 31, 2015, 04:29:22 PM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 31, 2015, 04:23:47 PM
Aah ok, I thought that minimized apps and auto-starting ones were also supposed by Mac OS and Linux (at least if the user chooses that option).

My main worry is if the user reboots and keep forgetting to restart the post notifier.
So your first two requests are done! It does now auto refresh and there's no lag anymore! Also am I working on this title bar thing now.
Yeah, maybe somebody here knows how to do that. But there are so many Linux configurations, its just impossible to make this happen.
For Windows, maybe. I could add some platform specific code to do that.

And for the minimizing it's the same.
u/DarkestEx May 31, 2015, 04:33:04 PM
No! It doesn't work! I have no idea! It is throwing targetinvocationexceptions. I have tried to sync the threads but it doesn't work.
u/Dream of Omnimaga May 31, 2015, 04:33:52 PM
Aah thanks for the explanation. Also sorry to hear it doesn't work yet. Good luck fixing it D:
u/Dream of Omnimaga June 02, 2015, 04:12:17 PM
Awesome to hear DarkestEx. :D Also I just tried the new version and it seems to work :)

EDIT And it auto-refreshes :D
u/DarkestEx June 02, 2015, 05:09:06 PM
Sorry. I was wrong! After rereading the GTK API, I found out, that it is in fact possible to make a Notification Icon in the Taskbar. I will of course add this.
It will pop up a Message if something has been posted.
u/alexgt June 02, 2015, 09:13:42 PM
Yay :)
u/Dream of Omnimaga June 03, 2015, 02:03:02 AM
Quote from: DarkestEx on June 02, 2015, 05:09:06 PM
Sorry. I was wrong! After rereading the GTK API, I found out, that it is in fact possible to make a Notification Icon in the Taskbar. I will of course add this.
Awesome to hear. Just make sure we can choose how long the pop ups appear. I kinda hate when some apps shows notifications forever until you click the alert or for like 10 minutes.
u/DarkestEx June 03, 2015, 12:09:29 PM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 03, 2015, 02:03:02 AM
Awesome to hear. Just make sure we can choose how long the pop ups appear. I kinda hate when some apps shows notifications forever until you click the alert or for like 10 minutes.
You can already configure, if the popup appear, how long it stays, in which percentual height the notification appears and how is looks (it inherits the design from the main window).
Also I only want to show one popup when new messages appear. It shows how many unread messages you have and what the title of the most recent one is.
u/Unicorn June 03, 2015, 01:58:12 PM
ooo nice, thats better than an irc notification for walrified. :P
u/Dream of Omnimaga June 03, 2015, 04:27:43 PM
Quote from: DarkestEx on June 03, 2015, 12:09:29 PM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 03, 2015, 02:03:02 AM
You can already configure, if the popup appear, how long it stays, in which percentual height the notification appears and how is looks (it inherits the design from the main window).
Also I only want to show one popup when new messages appear. It shows how many unread messages you have and what the title of the most recent one is.
Cool, glad to hear :)
u/DarkestEx June 07, 2015, 09:59:57 AM
Alright, I was developing and testing the notification function and it appears to work!
u/alexgt June 07, 2015, 01:42:17 PM
Awesome :)
Website statistics

MyCalcs | Ticalc.org | Cemetech | Omnimaga | TI-Basic Developer | MaxCoderz | TI-Story | Casiocalc.org | Casiopeia | The Museum of HP Calculators | HPCalc.org | CnCalc.org | Music 2000 Community | TI Education | Casio Education | HP Calcs | NumWorks | SwissMicros | Sharp Calculators