Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Make a Mythology!

Started by Unicorn, May 10, 2015, 10:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

I was just thinking about a mythology for Unicorns and this is what I can up with:

[spoiler="The Unicorn Mythology"]

The evil Nikkybot once ruled the world... He was a hated tyrant of all life. Then, one day a splendid majestic unicorn named Uniacorn rose out a volcano in hawaii (nikkybot didn't know about hawaii) and raised the Unicorn rebellion there. They attacked nikkybot and his clones 3 years later, and almost one, but they ran out of rainbows for their ammo. So, they created a solvent to put in their rainbows to make the nikkybots' blood turn into rainbows after it was exposed to air. They fought again, one year later, and one because a siege could not stop the UNICORNS! They then raised their leader, Uniacorn to the top and named him leader of the land. he didn't abuse this privilege, and all life loved him because of the rainbows and moonbows he gave the people. But now, there is so much technology, that nikkybot might come back, so the Unicorns are gathering forces in hawaii to take the nikkybot out if he comes back.
[/spoiler]

Tell me what you think, and maybe make your own!
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Yuki

Sounds fun. I have quite a lot of mythologies of my own, they failed spawning any projects though...

Zarmina
Humanity, having mastered warp drive technology, discovers a habited planet by the name of Zarmina (also known as Gliese 581 g on Earth) and Miyuki, a magical cat girl, is one of the first alien life Neil and Edwin meet there.

Yuki no Eien
Yuki is a young unicorn girl who recently transfered at the Canterlot School for Gifted Unicorns, there she meets Minty, her new roommate, and vice-principal Tsukihime asks Yuki to join her army to overthrow the principal (who also happens to be the head of state) with a plan for an eternal winter night.

I should probably work on this stuff this summer...
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Unicorn

I don't want to be there when the vice principal gets rid of the principal. It sounds' more like a fanfiction though :P
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Yuki

Yeah, it's more a fanfiction than anything else. It's heavily based on the universe of My Little Pony, but with original characters. Zarmina is not based on anything, though.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Snektron

Hmm, ill have to think of some kind of "snake chronicles" :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

The only problem: Since when is Nikkybot a tyran? :P

I don't have mythology stuff but my Terranigma clone idea involves gods so it could incorporate some mythology I guess.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Unknownloner and I kind of made it into one as Chauronslilsis was scared of it. :P

The foundation:

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Yuki

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 10, 2015, 11:50:33 PM

I don't have mythology stuff but my Terranigma clone idea involves gods so it could incorporate some mythology I guess.
I'm not sure you have to have gods in it to call it a mythology. Like, an universe or, in lawyer's terms, an intellectual property.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Juju on May 11, 2015, 12:30:16 AM

I'm not sure you have to have gods in it to call it a mythology. Like, an universe or, in lawyer's terms, an intellectual property.
By mythology, I always thought about stuff like greek mythology such as Zeus, or fantasy stuff like dragons, unicorns, witches/vampires, mages and mummies from Egypt. What they all have in common, though, is that they're very well known and popular. Would it work if someone just created a legend about magic warriors that saved the world hundreds of years ago and they had certain names?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

princetonlion.tibd

I was reading this thread thinking ""Eru Iluvatar and the Ainur" :P

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 11, 2015, 03:11:30 AM
Quote from: Juju on May 11, 2015, 12:30:16 AM

By mythology, I always thought about stuff like greek mythology such as Zeus, or fantasy stuff like dragons, unicorns, witches/vampires, mages and mummies from Egypt. What they all have in common, though, is that they're very well known and popular. Would it work if someone just created a legend about magic warriors that saved the world hundreds of years ago and they had certain names?
I think Lord of the Rings? I read somewhere that Tolkien meant for it to be on earth, long ago.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Unicorn

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Strontium

Quote from: Unicorn on May 10, 2015, 11:53:20 PM
Unknownloner and I kind of made it into one as Chauronslilsis was scared of it. :P

The foundation:

--snip--

SCP-XXXX

Object class: Euclid

Description: Some person on IRC

When provoked, bleeds rainbows. Further research needed.
  • Calculators owned: TI Nspire CX, HP Prime
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: NES

Unicorn

Cemetech.net  iRC. nikkybot is a bot on the channel. It emulates the rudeness of nikky. Who is a ticalc.org Mod.

Join it at #cemetech and say hi nikkybot after you say hi to everyon there. What the chaos ensue.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Actually, in a more serious way and still ontopic, I was once interested by makinf from scratch a mythology for the ever-vaport game project I still lazily try to do. Unfortunately I lost my progresses as I lost my first G35+ ('been years now) and it was only a 4Kb draft I typed on calc when bored, but the thing is still quite interesting to do, specially avoiding making too much parallels with already existing mythos.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Snektron

Do you guys how knisporks where invented?

In the beginning of time, the Holy Python, Father of all snakes, was eating one of his favourite meals. As you know, a snake
can only hold one piece of cutlery at a time. So in order not to have to switch from cutlery all the time, the Holy Python transmuted a fork, spoon and knife to one and made the knispork. Some say it's the mightiest weapon of all time O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...