Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Your post/coding Milestones!

Started by Unicorn, May 01, 2015, 05:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Wait, when does school start and end in the Netherlands?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Well we have several breaks, one in fall, one around christmas, one around the beginnibg of march, one around the beginning of may (now) and the big summer vacation around july-august
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

CKH4

For us in the US its school starts at the end of August then thanksgiving break (1 week) around thanksgiving. Then Christmas break is usually 1 week before and one week after Christmas. Spring break is usually a week at the end of march or beginning of April. Then summer break is June 15 give or take to August 25.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Unicorn

Well, for me there is no fall break, a four week winter break, a 2 week spring break, and we start summer on may 20.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Actually I think it varies from one school to another in USA. I remember some people who started school in late September or only finished on June 30th. That said anything is better than Germany school vacations. They only have 3 weeks or summer vacations or so.

In Quebec it depends of your level. Elementary and hi school usually starts around Sept 1st, with two weeks of vacations during holidays and ends around June 23rd. They also got 1 week just before Spring. However there are so many holidays through the year that you still only have 180 days of school per year. In college I think you start one week earlier, but you have 1 week during Fall, 4 weeks during Christmas, 1 week during spring and 3 months of Summer vacations (starting mid-May).
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

So it does seem everyone gets about the same amount of vacation. Maybe theres some kind of international standard for this

Dream of Omnimaga

Nah I don't think so, else everyone would have their vacations at the same time. Also some countries don't celebrate Christmas so people have school on December 25th and some people have much longer Christmas vacations if their country is in the southern hemisphere (where Summer occurs in December-February)

Back on topic, I broke the 4000 post bar a few days ago, but I forgot where was my 4000th. :P

princetonlion.tibd

One of my milestones might be getting banned from Cemetech :P

I applied for an unban today (I promised to apply after 1 year of ban, but I forgot when I was banned so I used 1 year of account existence instead.)
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Unicorn

Hope it goes well Prince!

DJ, slays the spambots so he can take their place! :P
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Prince that isn't a very good milestone I would say, but since you improved I would say it's a good occasion to appeal it now. Good luck :)

Also Prince it's a good thing that your ban happened in 2014 rather than 2015 because nowadays, from what I could see, if you screw up bad/often enough on Cemetech, you get banned from #Omnimaga IRC by default (or perhaps the entire OmniNet network). I don't know why that is but it's their call.

Unicorn

I have passed DJ in most posts per day!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

You have now changed into a walrus | (A unicorn walrus, that is)
                                                                   V

Yuki

Video related, I wear my Iron Maiden t-shirt right now.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

alexgt

Quote from: Unicorn on May 08, 2015, 06:17:04 AM
I have passed DJ in most posts per day!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did that once I was so happy...
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Unicorn

??? ??? ??? ??? ???