Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Weird Links [possibly nsfw]

Started by Snektron, February 13, 2015, 10:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CKH4

We had a flash assignment where we made an animation with sounds and stuff and one of my friends played it behind their video.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Yuki

http://lynternait.com/

This one, in French, is my favourite one. For you English-speakers, it started as a Facebook page and it's pretty much a parody of all those 9gag translation websites that popped up since ConneriesQC started doing it in 2011 or so, seriously there's too much of them. In this one, the captions provided are pretty absurd and pretty much the opposite of the original and intentionally written in the worst French you can come up with.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Lol I went there and this French quality seems on-par with Facebook comments. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

It's not only Frnech but it's also Quebec French, lots of expressions come from this (seemingly nice?) region (like "criss" for instance).
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Snektron

Hm. Not good in french. Dropped in highschool 2 yrs ago <_<
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

You would probably not understand that site much anyway, because of the bad spelling and idioms. :P This is why for our users that have troubles reading English I really encourage our members who can use it well to do an effort to spell properly. That way, Google Translate won't choke on their posts.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Is this a subtile hint? :P
Ohwell, i do my best :)

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Even me have problems to read this sitev with that terrible writing style. X(
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Yuki

Quote from: Eiyeron on March 11, 2015, 04:47:13 PM
Even me have problems to read this sitev with that terrible writing style. X(
I think it's why it's so funny. The combination of Quebec idioms, terrible writing and absurd stuff.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on March 11, 2015, 04:15:02 PM
Is this a subtile hint? :P
Ohwell, i do my best :)
Nah it's not directed at anyone here since so far, aside from some mistakes, people on CW tend to have good spelling unless they use their mobile device. But if a new member would join and spell horribly or intentionally spell specific words differently (eg saying anypony instead of anybody) he would be encouraged to do more effort. :P

Snektron

princetonlion.tibd

Chess.com sent me this link saying "Friends don't let friends use old browsers" :P

http://breakupwithie8.com/
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Snektron

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga
DJ Omnimaga: Juju should change that page so that there are flying walriis everywhere on it, like his toaster blog
http://quantuminfinity.space/WalriiHack/
if you are in chrome you can drag it to your bookmarks bar and activate it from any page by clicking on it, don't know about other browsers.
more clicks = more walrii's.
source: http://quantuminfinity.space/WalriiHack/WalriiHack.js

CKH4

What is that witchcraft.

They are everywhere!!!!!
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Yuki

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on March 21, 2015, 04:38:07 PM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga
DJ Omnimaga: Juju should change that page so that there are flying walriis everywhere on it, like his toaster blog
http://quantuminfinity.net/WalriiHack/
if you are in chrome you can drag it to your bookmarks bar and activate it from any page by clicking on it, don't know about other browsers.
more clicks = more walrii's.
source: http://quantuminfinity.net/WalriiHack/WalriiHack.js
And there you go. Another walrusirc easter egg. :P
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN