Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Happy Easter: A few changes on CodeWalrus

Started by Yuki, April 01, 2018, 06:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuki

Hey guys, hope you guys have a nice Easter day. I am going to take the occasion to announce a few important stuff here.

As you might know, the Trump administration is quite unforgiving on things like freedom of speech, net neutrality and LGBTQ+ issues, among others. The server is hosted in New York on a .us domain, so given the community's wishes and to continue the most quality, uncensored content, it became unsustainable to keep the server there. As the administration is Canadian, we are therefore moving all our assets to Canada, including a .ca domain, over the next few days for fear the Americans would cut us down and censor us. We have no idea if American users will be affected, but it will be for the better. You might also want to download a copy of Tor right now if the situation gets worse.

Oh, also don't forget DJ Omnimaga (aka @xlibman)'s new album, Hardcore Spectrum Disorder, is coming out tomorrow, April 2nd, as a physical limited edition for only C$95!

Additionally, I'd also like to thank Omnimaga (the website, unrelated with our own DJ Omnimaga) for paying the server bills, thanks to the huge Omnimaga logo you see below our own. Can't go anywhere without you guys. You literally own CodeWalrus now. So, as part of the move, we will also welcome Eeems and Geekboy of Omnimaga into our own staff team and our own Walrii mascot will be joined by a lobster.

Again, happy Easter! We hope you'll like the changes and we'll keep you updated!

UPDATE: Juju forgot to mention that this will now be the official logo (90's throwback) and intro for future CodeWalrus-related videos and the PhpBB 3.2x CW logo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX9-PqXjM_U

UPDATE (April 2): It was a bit exagerated, but yeah, CW isn't going anywhere, no logo or staff change either, happy April's Fools Day! :) We think Trump is still scary, though... Who knows if it's going to be true one day? Anyway, Hardcore Spectrum Disorder is out, but for only $4, you can go buy it right here at the bottom! And it's for the World Autism Awareness Day! Also shoutouts to Omnimaga, thanks for the ads, for real.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

CVSoft

Don't worry, I've received political asylum in Canada to continue my administrative duties to Codewalrca. I've been tasked with removing every other character from pre-2018 posts to make sure American users don't blow through their data caps.
  • Calculators owned: TI-73, TI-81, TI-81, TI-81, TI-81, TI-81, TI-81, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-83, TI-83, TI-83 Plus, TI-84 Plus, TI-85, TI-86, TI-89 Titanium

_iPhoenix_

CodeWalrca will be great, I'm sure.

Is there a Tor thing I can use on my phone?
  • Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

Dream of Omnimaga

I edited the first post a bit, because juju got the Hardcore Spectrum Disorder CD sale price wrong. Anyway, I can't say I ever was a fan of Trump.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

@Juju forgot to mention that the CodeWalrus logo will change once the website migrates to PhpBB software. However, for video intros about CodeWalrus content, the change will take effect immediately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX9-PqXjM_U
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

gameblabla

Quote from: _iPhoenix_ on April 01, 2018, 01:36:15 PM
CodeWalrca will be great, I'm sure.
Is there a Tor thing I can use on my phone?
There's orbot (tor port to Android) and orfox (firefox modified to use tor) on the Google Play.
Android only ofc. You shouldn't use Apple devices anyway...

I think the fact that the US wants to censor codewalrus is a bit overblown (after all, Trump likes to claim that the left is censoring him, which is hypocritical ofc...) but nonetheless it's widely known that the muricans are filthy spies so its best to move anyway.
Can't wait for codewalrus to switch to PhpBB.

But then again all of this might not be true. It's april's fool after all...
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

_iPhoenix_

Besides the fact that he's a big-headed jerk who regularly rapes women, I think he's a half-decent president. For free speech, he can't legally do anything.

But then again, Stalin wasn't that bad of a person if we ignore his killing 22-ish million people/greed.
  • Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar: