Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

New feature: Social networking

Started by Yuki, June 21, 2015, 09:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuki

We're glad to announce yet another feature: links to social networks in profiles! They will show up in your profile and in topic view as icons to the appropriate website, so you can easily find an user's profile on social networks and messaging apps. So far we implemented Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Reddit, Skype (it was already there before), YouTube and GitHub and their icons in topic view will come soon. Please go to the appropriate section of the settings to add them. If you have ideas for other websites we should add, please tell us!
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Nice. It will be better than having AIM, Yahoo and ICQ I think. I still don't get why SMF still use those, considering that nobody use AIM/YIM since years ago and that only a few German people still used ICQ.

EDIT: What about Bandcamp and Soundcloud? Ticalc.org author profiles and TI-Planet ones could work too, I guess, but then you would need to put them on different lines with Cemetech author profiles and the like.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

DarkestEx

• Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Yuki

Ah yeah, gotta add G+, TICalc, Bandcamp, Soundcloud, maybe even TI-Planet, Cemetech and Omnimaga while we're at it. The thing is, I don't want too add to much websites in topic view as it could clutter it.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah that was my concern. We could simply stick to social networks-based sites for the most part I guess. People can always link to their Cemetech profiles in their sig and stuff.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

We can always add as many fields we want in the profile page, but only link to a handful of them in topic view.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Then it won't be as visible, though. :P But I guess we could do that. Or we can put them below Calculators owned in the signature, but I would prefer signatures to remain small.

EDIT: By the way, Youtube is really making our job hard by having three different channel URL format and only one working per people. The old one, such as http://www.youtube.com/user/DJOmnimaga , is no longer used by new accounts. Instead, their channels use the https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGw3kT9IWXxiqXATVV4-fEQ format. However, there is a third one as well, which is https://www.youtube.com/c/DJOmnimaga_CodeWalrus if you have 500 subscribers and decide to use a custom URL.

Unicorn

Maybe you could have abunch of social network buttons, but only allow 6 in topic veiw, and all in the profile page?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

DarkestEx

Three problems so far:
1st: Steam icon is not displayed nor a link
2nd: YouTube url is incorrect; it should be http://youtube.com/c/{CHANNELNAME}
3rd: GitHub link and icon are not working
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

alexgt

Awesome, lol I only have a reddit and steam account :P
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

DarkestEx

Snektron

I cant find t he steam icon anywhere too
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Yuki

Yeah, Youtube is pretty weird when it comes to custom URLs.

Anyway, be sure to check once in a while for new fields :P
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Unicorn

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???