Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Anyone know some good vanishing magic tricks?

Started by JWinslow23, June 27, 2017, 10:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JWinslow23

I want to do a disappearing act at the end of a performance I'm doing on July 4th. The desired effect of the trick is that I somehow disappear from the stage. What are the easiest/least expensive methods that I could feasibly do, without anything like trapdoors in the stage?

The stage is elevated off the ground a few feet, and it 's closed off from the sides. There are no curtains, or ways that I can escape the stage save for some obvious staircases on the sides.

Here is the most practical idea I've come up with: a cardboard gravestone, with a trick to it. The red ball represents me. Pardon my use of MS Paint.

Anyone else have ideas for disappearing tricks?

_iPhoenix_

Put a hat on it, as people are smart, and also attach a fishing line to the top of the facade and through a hole in the gravestone so you can "magically" raise it up and re-appear
  • Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

JWinslow23

Quote from: _iPhoenix_ on June 27, 2017, 11:47:38 AM
Put a hat on it, as people are smart, and also attach a fishing line to the top of the facade and through a hole in the gravestone so you can "magically" raise it up and re-appear
I don't wear a hat, but if I do it right, I could see a way to take my jacket off and throw it over to make the thing fall. That effect could be interesting.

About the fishing line, I could do that, but I'd also have to not do that thing with the jacket.

123outerme

I would say make the dark gray area a little wider than the light gray area in that picture, so when the "gravestone" falls down, people aren't able to clearly see the divide in the cardboard.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CSE, TI-nspire Clickpad, TI-84+SE

_iPhoenix_

Quote from: JWinslow23 on June 27, 2017, 02:03:15 PM
I don't wear a hat, but if I do it right, I could see a way to take my jacket off and throw it over to make the thing fall. That effect could be interesting.

About the fishing line, I could do that, but I'd also have to not do that thing with the jacket.

Not a hat you wear, a hat as in a top to the container!
  • Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

JWinslow23

Quote from: _iPhoenix_ on June 27, 2017, 03:50:15 PM
Quote from: JWinslow23 on June 27, 2017, 02:03:15 PM

Not a hat you wear, a hat as in a top to the container!
The container that has me? Where would this top go?

c4ooo

Quote from: JWinslow23 on June 27, 2017, 10:27:58 AM
Anyone else have ideas for disappearing tricks?
Browsing codewalus/cemetech. All your time magically disappears ;)