Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Best calculator

Started by Alvajoy123, June 16, 2017, 05:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which calculator would you buy

Ti-84 plus CE
Ti-Nspire
Ti-Nspire CX
Ti-Nspire CX CAS
HP prime
Casio

Alvajoy123

:) Please vote I am thinking of getting a new calculator for programing if you think there are better calculator please reply :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CE
The maker of Xenon.

kotu

the Ti-84 plus CE-T is basically the same as a Ti-84 plus CE
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

Alvajoy123

Quote from: kotu on June 16, 2017, 05:47:18 AM
the Ti-84 plus CE-T is basically the same as a Ti-84 plus CE
I never knew I will edit it
The maker of Xenon.

kotu

btw. the best calculator for programming is the CE because it has C SDK
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3

Alvajoy123

Quote from: kotu on June 16, 2017, 06:52:00 AM
btw. the best calculator for programming is the CE because it has C SDK
Yes but I have that calculator
The maker of Xenon.

kotu

p4nix

Casio fx9860-GII master race.
  • Calculators owned: fx9860GII (SH4)

GalacticPirate

Objectively, it's the TI-Nspire CX CAS, since Ndless allows custom programs in C/C++/ASM, emulators, Python interpreter, etc.
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS (4.4.0), TI-83 Premium CE (5.2.1), TI-83 Plus.fr USB (2.55MP), Casio fx-92 Collège 2D+, Casio fx-92 Collège 2D
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Nintendo Wii U (NSMBU+NSLU premium pack, 5.5.1E), New Nintendo 3DS XL (Monster Hunter Generations, Sys 11.5.0-38E)

kotu

Quote from: STV on June 16, 2017, 09:11:01 AM
Objectively, it's the TI-Nspire CX CAS, since Ndless allows custom programs in C/C++/ASM, emulators, Python interpreter, etc.

Ah, I didn't know that, see

Can you write and compile your programs on your PC do you know or is it only directly on the calc??

p4nix

Besides that, I wouldn't really recommend getting a calculator for programming. First, you still have projects going on on the calculator you already own. Second, don't give that capitalistic calculator companies more money than they already have, and third, calculator programming doesn't really have a future other than being that nerd kid which (if you are talented) makes crazy stuff on the calculator.
  • Calculators owned: fx9860GII (SH4)

GalacticPirate

Quote from: kotu on June 16, 2017, 09:15:54 AM
Quote from: STV on June 16, 2017, 09:11:01 AM

Ah, I didn't know that, see

Can you write and compile your programs on your PC do you know or is it only directly on the calc??
Yes, and I think this is pretty much the only way to go :P (with the Ndless SDK on a computer)
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS (4.4.0), TI-83 Premium CE (5.2.1), TI-83 Plus.fr USB (2.55MP), Casio fx-92 Collège 2D+, Casio fx-92 Collège 2D
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Nintendo Wii U (NSMBU+NSLU premium pack, 5.5.1E), New Nintendo 3DS XL (Monster Hunter Generations, Sys 11.5.0-38E)

AmazoNKA

Casio prizm fx-cg10/20/50

Unicorn

Ti 84+ CE unicorn edition.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???