Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

withgusto downsizing + migration (main server + ZNC)

Started by alberthrocks, March 18, 2016, 04:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Does DigitanOcean allow customers to give a few codes to friends or something?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Well, you give that registration link to anyone who wants an account and bam they get $10 when they register and we get $25.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

alberthrocks

Quote from: Juju on April 04, 2016, 01:10:15 PM
Well, you give that registration link to anyone who wants an account and bam they get $10 when they register and we get $25.
Soooo I talked to DigitalOcean, and they said that they wouldn't do retroactive referrals (for whatever reason). I asked again, and then they granted me the $10 credit, so.... not sure if they actually applied the referral or not. If you guys want to try to claim the referral, let me know and I'll send you guys the email I signed up with!

Yuki

They did not. Anyway, not as I see in my account. I think you really had to register using that link.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

alberthrocks

Quote from: Juju on April 04, 2016, 03:26:08 PM
They did not. Anyway, not as I see in my account. I think you really had to register using that link.
Ahh... guess I jumped the gun on registering, sorry about that! I thought you could enter the promo code after signing up... oh well.

On the bright side, migration will definitely be happening very soon!

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah it might be confusing a bit there. But I guess that's how referrals work. Glad this was solved, though. And it's good to see the migration happening soon. Hopefully it doesn't get postponed indefinitively like last time :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alberthrocks

Updates

With April 1st coming and going, I think it's time for an update!

Rather than make a bad (and pretty prophetical) April Fools Joke, I decided to initiate and start the migration process!

The migration process is still ongoing. However, the backups have been made, and the old server is now open for user backup - including SSH/SFTP/SCP! Log into old.withg.org with your withgusto username and password, and your files should be there if you want to make any of your own backups!

Note that since the backup has already been created, any new or modified data on the server will be deleted! If you would like to work on anything within your account, please wait until the migration completes to do so!

The old server will stay online until the end of April. After April 30th, the old server will be terminated. Hopefully by then the new server will be up!

Thanks for your patience - we're getting there soon!

Dream of Omnimaga

Wasn't April 1st two weeks ago? :P

By the way, was withg.us.to sub-domain name terminated?

alberthrocks

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 14, 2016, 04:03:40 AM
Wasn't April 1st two weeks ago? :P

By the way, was withg.us.to sub-domain name terminated?
Yeah, it was... but still :P

It looks like it was (due to account inactivity) - but I just restored it (and linked it to CloudFlare), so it's back up again! Maybe to save money we'll move 100% to withg.us.to... :P

Dream of Omnimaga

Ok cool, I was worried the domain name was lost forever when I tried accessing it last week or so and it didn't work.

That reminds me, can your server allow hosting IRC bots such as eggdrops? EFnet is banning our bots one after another so we're kinda seeking for alternate connections. :P