We're on Discord! Please join our server now if you don't want to miss anything! (More info) | Join the UCC4 contest! (More info)

* WalrusIRC & Discord main room

If you have a forum account, have more than 4 posts and are not part of a restricted usergroup, then you can chat in our main Discord server room directly from here and continue using the forums at the same time. Or you can join our server directly and access many more discussion rooms!

Author Topic: Having trouble with TI Connect  (Read 975 times)

Offline Woodrow

• New User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +0/-0
  • Jack of all trades, master of none.
    • @@TheTreeOfComedy
    • eyeoftheaxolotl.tumblr.com
Having trouble with TI Connect
« on: July 23, 2018, 07:03:47 pm »
So I was trying to use the TI Connect software with my TI-83+ and a link cable I just got on Amazon. This is my first time using a link cable, so I pulled up a Dummies guide and got the TICon program on my Mac (High Sierra, Version 10.13.4 if that helps). I then tried to use the TI Device Explorer. After a wait of 10-15 minutes (I haven't timed it precisely, this is just an estimate), an alert pops up.

This is what is shown during the wait:

And this is the alert that pops up after.

Looking on Finder reveals absolutely nothing indicating that the calculator even exists.

Some other info:

• Because I have an Air (mac that does not have USB ports), the cable is plugged into an adapter, which is plugged into the charger port.
  • I have programs in both the RAM and flash memory of the calc.

• Calculators owned: TI-83+
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: TI-83+, iPhone, Nintendo Switch, iPad, Kindle

Offline mazhat

• Full User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +8/-0
  • Edelweiss. Edelweiss.
    • /u/Mazhat
    • Mazhat
    • @Mazhat
    • MOS
Re: Having trouble with TI Connect
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 12:52:34 am »
I don't know too much about the software, and I don't have a Mac.
However, I will say that it should take only a minute or so to find the device.
Does plugging a Flash Drive, or other device into the USB adaptor work?

I have a TI-83+ and a TI-84+.
Remember to turn on your device and be on the main screen with the blinking cursor.
Sometimes the TI-CON software mucks up, and the solution I found is to just restart the program.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 01:11:31 am by mazhat »
  • Calculators owned: TI-83Plus, TI-84Plus
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Samsung TAB A (Cheap), DSI, Rasperry PI 3
The Mogami River.

Offline Woodrow

• New User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +0/-0
  • Jack of all trades, master of none.
    • @@TheTreeOfComedy
    • eyeoftheaxolotl.tumblr.com
Re: Having trouble with TI Connect
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 07:30:50 pm »
I tried force quitting the program and re-opening it. I then tried my best to keep the calc on for the entire wait, but I ended up leaving it alone long enough for the screen to turn back off several times.

If you really think it might help, I could keep pressing On every 90 seconds for 15 minutes, but I don't really want to do that unless it has a chance of helping.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: TI-83+, iPhone, Nintendo Switch, iPad, Kindle

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games