Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Site slogans à la Minecraft

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 22, 2015, 05:05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aetios

I think the site slogan should be changed instead of putting those random thoughts there. I was wondering if there was a way to make them pulse like in minecraft?
ceci n'est pas une signature

novenary

We can easily generate an image with the slogan hard-drawn in it.
And sure aeTIos, we can do gifs.

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah the thing is I actually thought about doing like TI-BANK and TI-Planet, who basically had a very short summary of what the site is about on every single page at the top. This would render a slogan useless
Quote from: Streetwalrus on December 13, 2015, 10:40:56 PM
We can easily generate an image with the slogan hard-drawn in it.
And sure aeTIos, we can do gifs.
That could work, assuming you mean that generating a copy of the current logo but with extra text added in it is feasible in PHP.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Yuki

GD would work, either that or actually doing it à la Minecraft.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

c4ooo

I reccall there was a JS lib that allowed you to draw anywhere on the page without using a canvas. Maybe use that? I still feal that it should be done cleint side.

alexgt

Could @DarkestEx use the dynamic gif generator to pick a random thing and have it grow larger/ smaller?! The problem would be it changing every page refresh though <_<
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

DarkestEx

Quote from: alexgt on January 01, 2016, 05:57:54 AM
Could @DarkestEx use the dynamic gif generator to pick a random thing and have it grow larger/ smaller?! The problem would be it changing every page refresh though <_<
No, that's perfectly fine if you want me to add that.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2