Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Simple Axe Menu [Axe Tutorial~ish]

Started by CKH4, January 14, 2015, 04:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CKH4

I didn't know that you could use custom variable names. That's pretty cool. I'll update it on Monday (hopefully) when I can use a computer.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Dream of Omnimaga

Wow I didn't know we could use custom var and pointer names O.O I swear that when I last used Axe seriously in early 2010 it was impossible...
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Hayleia

Yeah, I have no idea when it was introduced but it is really convenient.

You know that °A is the pointer to A, well to declare another pointer, custom named, just declare it with L5+35→°Lolz for example, or [FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF]→°BlackSprite.
You can then do Pt-On(X,Y,°BlackSprite). And since °A points to A, °Lolz points to Lolz and you can do whatever you want with Lolz, like Lolz++, etc ;)
(just be sure to use safe ram areas when creating new variables :P).

Dream of Omnimaga

Pretty nifty :D. So Axe became a step closer to PC and higher end calculator model programming languages :D
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

You don't know everything Axe could do for you.
It's an amazing language Quigibo and Runer did.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Hayleia

Yeah, this kind of things make Axe really convenient to use (same for other languages with macros and all). See Topaz and Smash. I only made additions to Topaz but never changed the engine because I hardcoded every offset and it was too annoying to change something everywhere. But I made a SMASHH file for SSBO, full of macros, empty of code, and thanks to this, I was able to change the engine several times without spending too much time :)
(it is just maybe a bit unoptimized this way but on the other hand, it makes me spend even less time understanding what I wrote when I get back to work on it after a long pause).