Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Ludum Dare 36

Started by c4ooo, August 27, 2016, 06:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4ooo

Well Ludum Dare is underway, here is my game so far. Its meant to be satire. You play games on your calculator, and when you beet a game, your caluclator gets upgraded and you get to play a better game.

Requires java and a modern GPU, but it should run on all OSs.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4B_lqaVH02oMlQ3cnJEU0RRZFk/view?usp=sharing

Dream of Omnimaga

Do you have screenshots or a video? I cannot run it it seems (Java exception error on startup)

Glad you are participating, by the way :)

EDIT: Nevermind I got it to work now. But I think you should use a TI-82 Advanced, because it would fit your description more. The TI-81 doesn't even have a getKey command, let alone an Output() one, so it might be better if you used the TI-82 Advanced or TI-84 Plus-T. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

So you can only get up to the 84+? You should add the CSE and the CE, and Nspire.

And I guess you need to allow progressing, I beat the pong game, got a score of 26, and it froze on highscore. :P
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???